When two faces collide...

Hi all, i would like to know if there is a way in Blender to get the intersection of two faces that collide. I mean, how to get the resulting edge.

And, if the above is possible… would it work with faces + edges? (in this case a vertex is the intersection product)

Thanks and i apologize if i explain it wrong… my english language is very poor.

Alvaro G.

Edit: i have tried with boolean actions… but it seems to work only for separate objects, and i get strange shapes :S

alvarog,

Check out this thread - I use the geom tool script for this kind of thing.

http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=81876&highlight=geom+tool

Best of Luck!

It may be what i am looking for… thanks a lot Obi_Ron

The other tools included seem to be pretty useful for the kind of things i use to do in Blender… i take a llok to all of them

Thanks again, cheers

Alvaro G.

One more thing… i am new to this script stuff and Blender.org does not say much about it… may i have installed some other software to run those python scripts? All i have done is moving the *.py files to C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender.blender\scripts folder.

Do i need to do something else to install them?

alvarog,

That should be all you need to do. Even if you have left Blender running, from a script window, click on Scripts…Update Menus. The scripts that are packaged with Blender will run without having Python installed, but some scripts that you add may require a full install of Python.

Best of Luck!

OBI_Ron, thanks again.

These scripts are truly a gods send. They will save me hour and hours of work!

Cheers

Alvaro G.

alvarog,

Glad they helped. Drop the author a line and let him know also!

Sure i’ll do :slight_smile: