Where did you hear about blender?

I saw it on The Screensavers on TechTV!

THe screensavers on techv,
were second, or third to mention it.

I doubt they do anymore in prefrence of maya and cinema 4d.

I heard about it from my dad.
I think.
I think I had 2.23, and he had earlier downloaded 2.21 or so.
then it was mentioned on tss

now where did I hear of it? no idea, but that doesn’t matter now. Blender is very respectable.

(and it is in mandrake standard 8.2 [version 2.23 static], and will be in (scroll down) SuSE 8.2)

I found out about Blender on C|Net downloads. I had previously played around with a program called 3D Canvas, but I thought it sucked, so I did a C|Net search for ‘3D’, and came across Blender. After I downloaded it and first ran it, I looked at the interface, and suddenly felt like a little kid lost in a crowded mall. I was confused. I uninstalled it, thinking I could never figure out how to use that at all. Then I came across elYsiun.com, and saw some of the kickass stuff in the galleries. I thought “That’s done with Blender!?” It was the first time I realized Blender’s potential as a free program. I downloaded it again, and persevered to learn it, and now I’m very happy! :smiley:

THAT SHOW RULES!!!

here’s my story:

i was flipping through a computer mag, i think it was c’t (its german), reading a little here and there about povray, and more important, c4d. i was using bryce at the time, and i had gotten pretty fed up with the app, because it is SOOOO limited. i wanted something like c4d, knew i could never afford it. so, i stumbled across this little snippet about blender. it was v1.8 they were commenting on. their comments were not very positive, featuring “sprödes interface” (that’s in german), and the likes.

after a long while, i got really pissed off at bryce. then i decided i needed a better app. i was searching the net, and found loads of shit. i then remembered that article in c’t. i skimmed through my vast collection of like 50 copies, and finally found the damn thing. i downloaded blender, then v2.12, and ive not made very much stuff with it until recently. i have countless blender files on my comp, but not much worth mentioning. :-?

that’s it, folks!