Where do you guys get all your materials?

(Andreas Dilling) #1

Hello,
I recently got into blender and im taking lessons on it to improve and its going quite well. My instructor gives me the materials to use but when I start making my own things im gonna need other materials.

So yeah, i was wondering where is the best place to get a good variety of materials.

I appreciate any help or answer :slight_smile:

(ruslan k) #2

u may start from BlendSwap

(Korchy) #3

try the BIS

(joseph raccoon) #5

I would take a read on this most all of that theory will translate well to blender (or most any other game engine and such) and while it may not be popular to say but if you understand those fundamentals you can do quite nicely with texturing in blender, blender has quite a few tools that people overlook when it comes to texturing.

(yogyog) #6

Textures.com has some great PBR materials… as does CC0 Textures.

I also get a lot of my textures from there, but I make most of my materials using the nodes editor. I like to play around with the nodes and try to create different types of materials, then I save the ones I like for later.

Virtualshade

CC0Textures

3DWolf

BlenderInsight

AndrewAlexArt

Brick material Pack

CGBookcase

Chocofur

Discovertextures

Eisklotz

Freestocktextures

FreePBR

IMeshh

Jura Andreev

Megascans

Miloš Belanec

Patternpanda

Pixelfurnace

Poliigon

Rock Texture Pack

Roof Tiles

Sergei Kushnir

Silvio Valinhos

Substance Share

Sharetextures

Texture Ninja

Texturedb

Texturehaven

Texturex

Texturify

texturiseclub

Wildtextures

Blendswap

Blendermada

(Andreas Dilling) #9

Oh damn, thanks for all that

(Peetie) #10

Or this might be interesting;
EEVEE Shaders on Gumroad.
Because bumpmaps in EEVEE looks pixelated. This package contains 260 seamless normal maps, masks and 35 example shaders. And some tools to design you own materials.