Where to post 2d support questions?

Using 2.8 and have some questions regarding the 2d drawing, where do I post them?
Thanks

i think as long thy are a blender made art, just post thim into the finished project,
but thats just my opinion !

But I am just exploring the new grease pencil… and run into things like sometimes I draw at the wrong depth (in y-plane), how do you prevent that? And I want to switch material on a grease pencil object? Can you cut a gp object and paste into another layer?

i actually havnt tryd it yet, but i can see that alot of people are using it .
and they are posting ther works on the WIP,
you should try posting it there , you might find some help there .

Hoping for a support section named 2d drawing or 2d. Creating a wip is a good idea though

1 Like

yeah … i think it is !!!

But I don’t always want to show what I am doing…

will you can post something similar to what yor trying to solv
but i think you can alos use the support section to find some help on what your trying to do without the need to post something !

I would appreciate a separate section for this as well!

You could just create a new thread named grease pencil questions or something to that effect in the Blender 2.8 topic. If you invite people to post their own questions I think that could work well.

That is until the mods make a proper section for it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I will bring this up. Dont be afraid to voice your opinion, with a lot of changes happening to blender there will likely be changes to the website. a 2D or Grease pence section would certainly be one of them.

5 Likes

So I put a lot of thought into this (probably too much :slight_smile:). In the past, when people suggested that we create new categories, we always took a “wait and see” approach to see if there were enough posts on the subject to warrant that new category. I’d like to do something similar to that here… especially considering the fact that Grease Pencil can be used for a lot of different things where we already have support categories.

So rather than create a new category now, I’ve added a new tag, #greasepencil and I’ve made this post the first one to use the tag. Use this tag for any post that uses the Grease Pencil feature… could be a WIP, could be a support question, could be news.

As it pertains to support (which is what this original post was about), GP animation posts go in the #support:animation-and-rigging category. GP posts related to rendering and NPR belong in #support:lighting-and-rendering. General GP questions about strokes and fills and just using it belong in #support:basics-interface.

Let’s see how that works out.

2 Likes