Which CPU should I but for blender?

Should I go for Ryzen 5 1600 or i5-7500?

Costs are almost same. I also need it for gaming, too.

Suggest me which one will be better at rendering with blender.

i would go for the i5, unless you plan on cpu rendering. it has a better single thread performance, but not by much.

i5-7500: 4 cores, each rated at 2068.

ryzen 5 1600: 6x2(acts like a 12 core) cores, each rated at 1841.

source: passmark benchmark pages

…which is exactly why I’d go for the Ryzen. The difference in single-threaded performance is so minimal you’re unlikely to ever notice it, but the multi-threaded performance (for rendering) would be about 40-50% better.

however, going with intel gives the chance to upgrade to something better, like the i7-7700, 4x2 cores, each rated at 2591.

the amd upgrade is ryzen 7 1800x is 8x2 cores, each rated at 1952. (i think? not sure how amd does sockets)

Ryzen if great for rendering. But I also need it for gaming. You know I cannot just do 3d work all day long. A man is entitled to some rest :smiley: I need it for both rendering and gaming. And I am confused as hell.

Please reply quickly, if possible, as I will be going to market tomorrow.

Yes. This. I am not sure what will benefit me more in the future. Intel or AMD. Also, I will be getting a less powerful GPU: GTX 1050 ti 4GB and not sure if it is enough for GPU rendering or not.

Have a look here for a good comparison:

For rendering, the Ryzen 1600 is generally at least 50% faster, for the Blender benchmark it was almost twice as fast.

For gaming, especially if you have the GTX 1050, you’re unlikely to notice a difference with that GPU. There are plenty of gaming benchmarks to view as well.

I’ve never used an AMD CPU, so I won’t comment on them. But, I agree with Daedalus_MDW about i7 over i5. It’s worth it to save up a bit longer if that’s what you have to do. Even if you just look around for an i7 model that’s closer in price to what you want to spend, it’s still worth it, even if it’s not as powerful as the 7700.

There are no CPU of i7 in that range. What about Ryzen. Will it be a bad choice since a user here said it is almost 50% faster.

if you are gpu rendering, then more then 4 cores doesnt help much. i dont think games use more then 4.

Let me make this decision for you: Get the Ryzen. You can’t afford an i7 and you’re not gonna buy an i5 now and then upgrade to an i7 later. The Intel CPUs at your price point offer no tangible advantage for gaming. AMD also needs your money more than Intel.

Sorry to hear that. They do have the edge over i5 for doing Blender stuff.

I have no experience with Ryzen. BeerBaron seems to know his stuff (I don’t know him personally, but I’ve never caught him telling lies :no: ), so listen to him.

I am going with Ryzen 5 1600.

You are Right.