Which one looks better, 2D-ish looking cartoon games or 3D low-poly looking games?

I am thinking of making a video game but I am curious to know which style looks better.

3D low-poly style games with a lack of UV texturing:
(here are some examples)

OR

2D cartoon styled games?
(here are some examples)

• 3D low-poly styled game
  • 2D cartoon-styled game
0 voters
2 Likes

I personally think that gameplay is much more important than how a game is presented.

Sorry :frowning:

2 Likes

Yes you are very right about this, however because I want to start making models etc, I want to know which one looks better so I can model accordingly.

2 Likes

Okay, Joe, I understand that :slight_smile:

Could I ask, which would you prefer? Or, put another way, which method are you most proficient in?

cheers

andy

1 Like

:+1:

I’d say with the 3D low-poly style models but I know that there are ways to convert it to a 2D-ish looking game but still I am more skilled in 3D low-poly style models.

I have no idea mate, that is why I created the poll in the fist place :slight_smile:

Thank you mate :slight_smile:

1 Like

Okay :slight_smile:

Let’s see how the poll goes… I’ll be keeping one eye on it :wink: :+1:

1 Like

Thanks bro :slight_smile:

By the way I can’t view my own post’s results, so I am trying to change it so I can see it after it is voted, but it keeps denying me I can’t change it within the first 5 minutes, do you know when can I change it?

Hi Joe,

I’ve not been here long and I’ve never created a poll so I’m afraid I can’t help you with that one.

1 Like

Thank you mate :slight_smile:

1 Like

Based on the concept.

1 Like

Depends on how it is done… Both can be very appealing. Just a matter of taste

1 Like

From the examples You provided I like number 2 and 4 of the 3D art, as well as 1 and 4 from the 2D art. Generally You want to look for a style that supports the story, gameplay and mood You aim for.

But there are really wiser ppl out there than me on that topic, You might wanna have a look here:
http://artisaverb.info/Articles.html

1 Like