Which section to ask question about jobs

I know the paid job thread is heavily moderated, so if I have a post asking how much I should pay for a job, where would I post it? I’m thinking like an overall scene with each object or task worth individual amounts (for example, like $20 for modeling a rover, or $50 for modeling, shading, and rigging a mechanical contraption). I’ve never posted for a job and didn’t want to get off on the wrong foot. So where would I post that question?

Best would be to set a budget. Find out how much you can afford to spend on the whole project, then split the budget for each task according to how much time and skill each requires, then ask yourself if you’d do it for that price.

There is no right or wrong answer. If i say ill give you a buck to model a car for me, its your choice weather or not you want to model the car or not. But if you give a fair price, the chances of someone talented replying to you will increase drastically. If you shoot too low, you may get a hobby artist, or someone who just started.

If you’re asking about how to price a job for someone else to do, I’d suggest that you post a thread in either #general-forums:blender-and-cg-discussions or #general-forums:off-topic-chat.

Alternatively, you could post a clear description of the job in #jobs:paid-work and state that you’re inexperienced with pricing and you’d like people to submit quotes for the work. That would be an acceptable post there.