White Bathroom

Hello,
I’m sharing my last personal project I’ve done over the weekend to experiment with lighting and have a little more practice on bathroom viz as I haven’t been doing too many of these. I also wanted to try out different tools (Marvelous Designer and Substance). Final rendering done in Blender, Cycles 4000 samples for the main view and 600 samples for the close-up.

Edit. Link to the project on Artstation: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/4bl1Xq

24 Likes

Nice renders !
love the black rocks in the closeup.
Can’t really see the marvelous marvels here :slightly_smiling_face:
Blender’s clothsim would be enough for these towels…
I know Marvelous is super fun to use, and powerfull so waiting for a bedroom scene now :wink:

I love this much greenery used. Makes it feel comfy.

Jarek D(DJ)

PS. Just wondering how soon this will be featured. Deserves it

1 Like

Thanks a lot!
When it comes to Marvelous I just wanted to play with it a bit because I got frustrated when Blender’s cloth simulation refused to cooperate after enabling self collision.
And yeah, I’m planning to make a bedroom soon!

very nice ! so what advices can you gice us on lightning after this experiment ? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Сześć!

Beautifully!

Plants in all your work…where they come from? Do you modeling and texturing them manually? Or you use some ready kit?

1 Like

@BD3D
Thanks. Well, sometimes it’s better to add lighting in places where it shouldn’t be in real life. But for as long as it looks good…

@aghandwork
Thanks, I’m glad you like it. I’m mostly using premade assets that usually have to be imported from 3ds Max. Then I take all the textures they come with and make my own shaders in Cycles.

I featured you on BlenderNation, enjoy :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks a lot, Bart! I appreciate it!

1 Like

A small update from me: this project was featured on Blender 3D Architect https://www.blender3darchitect.com/blender-cycles/white-bathroom-with-cycles/

1 Like

Really nice renders! I love the close up render and the details of the dark bricks.

What you said about using additional lighting when needed is so true! It helped me lately getting ride of some weird noise in a scene I’m working on.

If you mind me asking some questions:
Did you use the denoiser? Also the plant on the wall on the left, outside the bathroom, did you model it or was it premade?
What was your render times?

I hope I will see another work from you soon.

1 Like

Thanks a lot, mate!

I used the denoiser here, but I can’t remember the render times unfortunately. It was too long ago. That plant is a free sample from Maxtree (they give one away for every model pack).

1 Like

When I posted the first message I didn’t realize the project was 5 months old. Thank you for taking the time to answer. I will check Maxtree, I’m always in search for good free 3d models :slightly_smiling_face:.

You can read more about this work on BlenderNation: