who created the Moon ? how nice . .

Looking at the Moon , really is the key to become the happiest person on Earth …
http://static2.bareka.com/photos/medium/1090937/rising-moon-near-windhoek.jpg
Notice : actually the moon i see here is even nicer … , but the cam quality is not as well as wanted .

and when i miss my girlfriend (in love since 8 years since when we were 10) … i phone her and tell her to look at the moon , actually and obviously we are in the same Country , but in 2 different cities … so the only way to keep in touch is to look at the same thing , … how Romantic . :o

ok it is not exactly the point of the thread , but god created things that we can enjoy … and we ignore those things , we live infront of and between walls and cities, … it is too nice to change your mode between the day and the other …

3DGURU

I can answer this (I won’t be destructive)

who created the Moon ?

Genesis suggests God created the Moon and the stars to govern the night much like the Sun during the day.

So the only real difference between who we believe created the Moon is I believe the Christian God created it and you believe Islam’s Allah created it (since you’re Muslim)

Yeah, I like the moon too…

As far as where it came from, the predominant theory right now is the “big splat” which says that the young Earth was struck by a large asteroid, which flung tons of debris into orbit, which slowly clumped together into the Moon.

You shouldn’t have made this thread. Just for your information… CD is banned from offtopic for a reason and he needs to honor that.

But I agree. I was driving and the moon was REALLY big last night and I kept sneaking peeks over at it on the highway.

hey , there is no difference between religions , … this isn’t the point :slight_smile: , …

big splat

what is the diference between it and the big bang ? thanks

Edit :- please guys don’t ruin the thread … :frowning:
i’m sorry … :frowning: i didn’t think that it will be like this

There’s not as much a difference between religions as there is a difference between religious and non-religious people.

I believe the moon is made up of elements from the big bang rather than any god just like I believe that the air I breath came from a star supernova a long time ago.

Right , and who created that super-nova ? , … a god or the nature , ok … i don’t want a religious believe , but your opinion the nature or god ? , … i hope that we keep simple in this thread :slight_smile:

It came from a star whose elements came from the gases released during the big bang.

Now, as to where the big bang “came” from… I don’t know that anymore than you know where God came from.

Yes, I agree,

all too often we take for granted the amazing and inspiring things around us everyday…the moon, the stars, the mountains, even ourselves.

It’s nice to see a post that “stops and smells the roses.” And it is cool to realize the ones you care about might be staring at the exact same thing as you, when they are miles away.

Now, as to where the big bang “came” from… I don’t know that anymore than you know where God came from.

right , … those things are hard to think of , they are harder than our mind …

even ourselves

this is more important , really look how our hands are beatiful , can you imagine a creature more beatiful than humen ? i thought of it and there isn’t any creature more beatiful than us .

And it is cool to realize the ones you care about might be staring at the exact same thing as you, when they are miles away.

Hey , this method is copyright 3DGURU , so credit me when you use it … LOL …

i often times stare up at the moon. its the most beautiful thing in the wide desert sky above me. it looks so different in the desert where i live, it seems to grow, shrink and change color slightly after every other night i look at it. when i look at it, its the only time i dont feel violence isnt a vital part of life. i feel a strong sense of calm as i stare into its light and the cool night desert air circles around me. the moon rises early in the evening sometimes as if to challenge the sun, it looks majestic bathed in red light against the purple and golden sky. i really enjoy the desert moon.

i have no idea anymore about what the moon is to humanity, to some its a big rock in the sky. to others its a spirit, a goddess. Is the moon a gift God gave us to not only control the tides, but control our hearts? or do we still hold some kind of evoultionary gene that attracts us to the full moon? I think the moon is just one of those things that is just whatever you make of it.

valarking: I love the “big moon” illusion…it’s so beautiful. Most optical illusions are just gimmicks, but the giant moon…now it’s a sight to behold. Another time I saw the Sun under some weird evening circumstances. It was setting, and the air was just so that it was blood-red and completely painless to look at, and its position in the sky made it look huge. It was incredible.

3DGURU: The Big Bang refers to the major scientific theory of how the universe was created (exploding from a spatially tiny mass). The Big Splat is a theory about how the moon came to be, specifically. It explains nothing else. The two theories aren’t related at all. The Big Bang is about the entire universe, whereas the Big Splat is only about the moon. They have similar names because scientists think that sort of thing is funny. There is also a theory of how the Universe will end called the Big Crunch.

i often times stare up at the moon. its the most beautiful thing in the wide desert sky above me. it looks so different in the desert where i live, it seems to grow, shrink and change color slightly after every other night i look at it. when i look at it, its the only time i dont feel violence isnt a vital part of life. i feel a strong sense of calm as i stare into its light and the cool night desert air circles around me. the moon rises early in the evening sometimes as if to challenge the sun, it looks majestic bathed in red light against the purple and golden sky. i really enjoy the desert moon.

Curious , please photograph it if you can , because it may seem wonderful in the desert

Maybe except Dragons, think about it, claws, sharp teeth, forked/pointed tongue, wings, a tail, horns, scales, spines, ear fans ect…:slight_smile:

3DGURU: The Big Bang refers to the major scientific theory of how the universe was created (exploding from a spatially tiny mass). The Big Splat is a theory about how the moon came to be, specifically. It explains nothing else. The two theories aren’t related at all. The Big Bang is about the entire universe, whereas the Big Splat is only about the moon. They have similar names because scientists think that sort of thing is funny. There is also a theory of how the Universe will end called the Big Crunch.

thank you for explaining the big crunch and splat …

Maybe except Dragons, think about it, claws, sharp teeth, forked/pointed tongue, wings, a tail, horns, scales, spines ect…

they are fun and strong but not nice , … they can not be scientests as example

Being human myself I don’t think we can give an unbiased answer to this question… I suspect that every species thinks it’s the best-lookin’ thing around. I wonder about warthogs though…are they even attracted to each other or do their instincts force them to mate against their conscious will?

I know, it’s amazing. I was driving along last night and it was as big as I’ve even seen it and it was pure gold color.

Desert moons are awesome too, especially if there are mountains. One of the most breathtaking views I’ve witnessed was as the moon was setting over the mountains. The sun had come up just enough to light the side of the mountains facing me but the mountains on the other side created a shadow so it still felt like early morning. So both the moon and the mountains were stark clear and brilliant. I REALLY wish I had a good camera that morning.

You’re a funny guy CD.

I’m of the opinion that animals like that more or less run in instinct auto-pilot their whole lives…

You mean funny Dragon;)