Who's interested in a Dutch Blender Meetup in September?

Hey! I’d like to host a meetup for Dutch Blender users some time in September and I’d like to get a sense of how much interest there is for such an event. I have a space in Amersfoort, it’s easy to reach, about a 25 minute walk from the station / 10 minute ride on an OV bike. I’m just taking the temperature now; we can zoom in on a good week/day of week etc later.

Thanks!

6 Likes

Any parking space?

1 Like

I’m interested.

1 Like

Yeah I think that’s no problem.

You can count on 2 Eddy’s :slight_smile: so it seems.

3 Likes

I’m also interested. :grinning:

Maybe you can spread the word also on https://www.meetup.com/nl-NL/amsterdam-blender-3d-meetup, to reach a possible higher number of people? I arrived at this topic by searching explicitly on “blender 3d groep utrecht”.

1 Like

Oh that’s a good idea! @Baron I think you’re in charge of that group - could you share this message so I can measure the temperature?

1 Like

Hi there Bart!

I hope you are doing good. haven’t spoken to you for a while.

I will post a message in the meetup group if you have a date.

To be fair, I have been extreeeeemely un-involved with the meetups.

Me and my wife are running VJ shows most weekends and there is a lot of time we pour into that.

I was thinking to post the question if there is interest of other organizers to revive this Meetup group.

Although its called Amsterdam meetup group, we were not locked to Amsterdam alone.

Matthijs de Rijk is co-organizer so i will ask him also to consider how to make this an active meetup again.

(BCON is the week after ADE where we volunteer in radio webcasts and
the Dutch Design Week also overlaps so i am not sure i will visit BCON 2023)

Cheers and Blenderze

David

I know someone else who said he was thinking of organizing a Blender meetup sometime later this year. He has a lot of experience in organizing events, maybe he is interested in becoming co-organizer of the meetup group.

I’ll point him to this discussion. :slight_smile:

Hi Youri;

That sounds great!

Just let him contact me anytime…

Now talking about it, i am starting to tget the “meetup-itch” again. :~)

Nevertheless (alwaystheplus) its always good to have more involved co-organizers anyhow.

Best!

db

1 Like

Hi @Baron, That would be me. Please to meet you, Bert Boerland. Long term active in Drupal (an opensource CMS) and have kickstarted and organised zillion of conferences, most notably DrupalJam for the last 18 years and brought it with a team of volunteers from 40 in an attic to 500 in de Fabrique.

I do have as a hobby and passion Blender as well, though I am only donut++ material. I would love to help out in any way I can for this or futiure events. I am good at getting speakers and sponsors.

Juyst mail me if you have a need for some help bert AT boerland dot com.

Thanks @MegaChriz for the headsup

4 Likes

Olla Bart;

If you give me your email address i will add you as an Meetup Organizer.

(i tried to find your email on LinkedIn etc :slight_smile:

cheerio!

I’d like to join… but too far

Where are you from?

South Korea :slight_smile:

I’d been to the netherland several years ago. I didn’t know blender back then :frowning:

South Korea is not so close to Amersfoort indeed :grin:

Maybe there are Blender events in your country too? For example, I found this one: https://www.meetup.com/nl-NL/seoulcg/
But that group doesn’t appear to be very active.

Hey folks, I didn’t forget about this, but I’ve been way busier than expected. Hopefully I’ll have a little more time towards the end of the year.

2 Likes

Organizing something in January or February is also fine :slightly_smiling_face:. Usually I’ve little time in December and at the end of November due to Christmas, Sinterklaas and having a lot of birthday parties.

1 Like

Hi, I would still like a Blender meetup!

What about January 20 or February 17? (Both are Saturdays.) Would you have time and space in Amersfoort then, @bartv?

I would like to learn more about modelling and rigging characters. I’m practising with that now, but I note some issues when I try to pose the character, such as weird stretches.