Why are the faces i make look so asian?

Every single face model i make looks asian, im assuming its something to do with the eyes but im just not quite sure on what im doing wrong
any other criticism is appreciated.

1 Like

I’d say the eyes and eye cavity should be set more deeply into the face. Here they’re almost planar with the cheeks.

well thanks, that helped a lot but it still looks very asian

1 Like

First off, there’s a wide variety in “Asian” faces:

Second, you’ll do better using references - it’s obvious that you’re not using references when you sculpt, or at least not one consolidated reference, as your person has no lips and other tell-tale signs of just “winging it”

1 Like

well i had multiple references while sculpting it but im still learning so that might be why it doesnt look like i have a reference on it
also i have no idea which type of asian it looks like, it just looks very asian to me personally and it doesnt look like the reference i have for it even though i annotated over it to try to make it the same shape

“Asian” features tend to be more flat, I suppose? Like relative to the bridge of the nose, eyes usually don’t seem to be set as deep as in european face types. The nose might be flatter and wider, but it would differ from, for example, african faces in that the jaw/lips won’t be set far forward?

1 Like

The model has flat brow ridge like Asian people, Western people have more protruding brow ridge.

the model has small eyelids, close to monolids aka having no lids at all, like Asian people.

the model has completely black hair, brows, and eye color. Which are the hair color of Asian people.

2 Likes

It’s not even the face of an Asian
It has no racial characteristics and looks similar to a mummy.

There is an image that can be used as a reference in the link below.
(Images are part of the book)
https://www.artstation.com/anatomy4sculptors

6 Likes

Maybe the OP meant: exotic ?? :wink:

As said references, references, references, references…

…and also the human face is one of the hardest things to do… it will take some time ( years ) to master this
2 Likes