Why uv distorted?

The UV

of my wheel is severely distorted. Sweep mode doesn’t change anything. How to fix it?

Select a quad ring in the middle and unwrap. This should do a good rectangular unwrap. Then invert selection and select on of the middle quads and unwrap → follow active quads:

Thank you, but this method does not preserve the tread pattern. I wanted to use the UV to bake the normal map.

What if you do Follow Active Quad on rectangular loops, pin them with P and then do a regular unwrap on the rest?

What pattern ??? your pattern is made up by the geometry and the uv’s in the first image would serve that purpose but its’ not nice because of possible distortion (and because of this recognizable) ??

I think what you want is a cylindrical mapping, its in the UV menu called Cylinder Projection. Set its direction parameter to “Align to Object”

2 Likes

The UV in the first image looks in perspective. The model for which the drawing will be used has the correct UV.

I don’t understand, I get a different UV

I have extruded faces, perhaps because of this the cylinder protection does not work correctly

No its just that the orientation of the cylinder its projected on is not aligned.
Try this:

Apply all Transforms
Select all vertices
Rotate it to make the tire lie flat on the ground
Then unwrap

1 Like

Cool! It worked! Thank you)

1 Like