Wiggle bones (a jiggle bone implementation for 2.8)

I think I understood.
I’ve only moved parent-bone for testing.
thank you for your kind explanation. :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

This has been such a fantastic add on, and I am so stoked for the collisions! I have a project that’s been waiting for this feature exactly (:

1 Like

Oh! Another question. Are the wiggle bone settings that were applied using previous versions compatible with this new re-written code? Or is it too fundamentally different?

Ye this isn’t working for me, it shows that it has baked, but it doesn’t actually move in anime player, Am I doing something wrong, I suppose I have the highest updated version as well, do I need two chain? I just have one bone

New wiggle is comming!

14 Likes

I feel like about 70% of the effects here are achievable with extra strategically placed extra “soft body” bones + Wiggle Bones! Very cool though!

Is there a way to add collisions?
I don’t know how to do it

Current released version has no collisions. I’m working on a version that has them for a future release though. Hopefully I’ll have some time to make progress over Holiday season. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Nice, although, the lates version is not vorking for me, so I am using the previous ones, I couldn’t believe that this addon would go so perfectly with Splatoon 2 Models, Wish you best luck on the collisions! :heart:

Hi, thank you for your add-on. I am trying to use it for hair like skies does it in his video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTdRGZA4TXA&t=84s

But I can’t get it work. I select all hair bones and check the wiggle-bone-box and she the active-box but the hair don’t move…

Can you help me?

Thank you very much

I have the completely the same problem, you must install the previous version, or wait for an updated one

Thanks for your reply. Which previous version should I install? The “1_4_1.py” or the “1_4_2.py” or the “1_4_3.py” version ?

if either of you have example files demonstrating the non-working issue (also please mention the non-working version), i can at least check it out to make sure i’m not repeating the mistake in any future updates!

one issue i know of is the “whole character” keying set has a habit of setting keyframes on internal variables of the addon that break it. you can check in the dope sheet if you’re seeing a whole bunch of strange animation tracks like ‘rot_start’ and ‘jiggle_mat’. if you delete those keys, the addon should work again.

i’m hoping the way i’m storing data in the version i’m working on will not suffer from this issue!

1 Like

Oh, I am having this problem on the latest version of the Add-on, I am using Blender 2.80, I have selected Wiggle Armature, and I have selected Wiggle Bones on the bones I want to add physics to, and I’ve checked active is on, but when I play, and move the main bone, it doesn’t do anything with the physics, and yeah, I’ve checked the Dope Sheet, nothing there, that is the problem that I am having, so I am using the Add-on version “1_4_3.py”

Awww !!! :scream:
What the hell is this ???
A ‘more realism’ addon ???

This is my 1st time here and i have to say I’m… wowww !!! :flushed:

Thanks for this piece of awe !!!

Happy blending !

Ikr, this Add-on is so good

Hi, thank you for your reply.
I am using the latest version of the add-on ( the “wiggle_bones1_5_b16” version) and Blender 2.91.0
I tried to use the add-on on the hair of the “Blenda”-Rig from royal skies. You can download his file here, it’s the female named “Blenda”: https://www.theroyalskies.com/royal-resources

Thanks for your help!

Did you find the time to test it out on the “Blenda”-Rig and could you get it working?

It’s not only Blenda rig, it’s not working for me too, and I am using a completely different model

Hello. Enjoying this addon so far, however I’ve found a crashing bug:

1. new file, add armature
  2. enter pose mode, add a keyframe on frame 1
  3. enter edit mode, move to frame 2
  4. de/select all, blender crashes

reproduced in 2.92 alpha, 2.91.0, and 2.83.10.

1 Like