The windmills are modelled in Wings3D. I first thought of giving
the mills an aged and rusted surface but after I applied the lights
I’m quit happy with them at this state.

The next thing I will add is an spaceship starting into the clouds with
smoke comming out of the thrusters. This also gets me to the question:

Does anybody know a good way to simulate the realistic smoke and fire
for this job? Maybe textured particles?

Thanks for every comment, Tobur. :slight_smile:

good scene, the mdoeling is nice… is that a nor map on some of the clouds? lol, take that off =) it makes the clouds look solid like the ground…or just lower the nor…
the scene and camera angle are looking perfecto…as for making the smoke and fire, yeah, textured particles are the way to go, im not real experienced with particles but @ce is, give him a ring, hes one of the particle masters around here =)

I really like the NOR value on the clouds. They look nice. The camera angle is great, and the mood is off-the-chart. I would stop here.

I have a great fre texture on my comp…I will eamil it to you (if someone else want it let me a message!) when you get it just put it as a texture for a halo material…you can play with the add slider to gave a more bright fire and just add a particle system! Voila!

If I can give you an edvice : DON’T CHENGA ANYTHING !
le light is great , clouds are beautiful, it doesn’t even need texturing. It look like an japanese anime background painting !

Very very nice !

Eddy.

x-warrior, how about sending me the fire texture as well? :wink:
i’m gonna need it for my mech dragon

You wouldnt happen to be familiar with Southern California would you, Mabey the 29 Palms, Palm Springs, area?, Nice Work!!!

The NDN…

P.S. I am always reluctant to give C.C., but I agree the clouds could use some softening, but as is is also just fine…

For Smoke and so have a look at the top announcment in Q&A forum and look for SysAdmin tuts.

Personally I like image much, but I would add some motion blur to the fans, so to let us see that they are rotating (if they are :slight_smile: )

Stefano

I think, this is a perfect picture. Do not change it.

yeah, that picture is great!! Don’t change anything.Ok,maybe some motionblur but don’t add a space-ship!

BTW: can you render a really big version of it?Would like to take
it as background :smiley:

cya henrik

WOW! Very nice image. I actually like the clouds. The NOR could be reduced a bit IMO, but they look great.

My problem is with the ground. You can tell that it is a flat plane. Maybe break it up a bit to loose the flatness. I am also not to keen on the mist/dust effect. Just doesn’t seem to fit, for me anyway.

BgDM

get in blenderchat…I could talk ya thru :slight_smile:
Excellent image!! superb!
and eh…whats up with the crooked windmill? :stuck_out_tongue:

yeah! great scenery…btu add motionblur to the fans :stuck_out_tongue:

then it rocks…

oh no, do not add any spaceships…!
this is GREAT scene… it doesn’t need any scifi to it.
I would love to see a bigger rendering though, is it possible?!

just move it to “finished projects” forum, and that’s it :slight_smile:

.b

dont u dare listen to basse! :wink: scifi must appear! a ship in this scene would be way too cool

if some of you want the texture here it is: (i dont know for you but I always use it for making my fire/explosion…)
http://mysite.iptic.com/xwarrior/wybuch.jpg

Tell me if you have a better one!

sure! but whats the fun with that?? why not the procedurals of blender? :slight_smile:

Hi,
I would like to thank everybody for their replies. I never had expected so much response for - what I think - a simple picture.

It’s great that you like the clouds but it’s only a skysphere with a texture on it. I wish I could make that kind of clouds on my own, but I have to wait until the tut from @ce rolls in :wink:

BgDM wrote:

I actually like the clouds. The NOR could be reduced a bit IMO, but they look great. My problem is with the ground. (…) I am also not to keen on the mist/dust effect. Just doesn’t seem to fit, for me anyway.

As I stated above, there is no NOR to be reduced… :smiley:
You’re wrong with the ground. There isn’t even a plane, just lots of air. :o The slightly darker line is the horizon of the skytexture. Do you have an idea how to improve the dust-effect? It should look like flying sand.

basse wrote:

oh no, do not add any spaceships…!

imgranpaboy wrote:

dont u dare listen to basse! scifi must appear! a ship in this scene would be way too cool

I have to admit that I’m confused about this topic myself. I would like to add my spaceship (even if it’s just parking on the ground in the background) because I love SciFi. But on the other hand is this picture fine right now and I don’t know if the ship may ruin the mood. So I’ve decided to make two pictures, one with and one without that ship. And I also try the motionblur (if I manage to do it - I’ve never done this before!)

basse wrote:

I would love to see a bigger rendering though, is it possible?!

Yes that is possible. In fact, the picture I posted here is only 25% of it’s original size. I always work with big sizes to see that everything is modelled and textured well (small renderings hide errors) and to get a nice poster of it on fotopaper to enjoy it on the wall at home. What size do you have in mind? I don’t think I can post a 2500 pixels wide pic here…

X-Warrior wrote:

if some of you want the texture here it is: (i dont know for you but I always use it for making my fire/explosion…)

Thanks for the texture. I recently discovered the homepage of SysAdm
http://www.centralsource.com/blender/effects.htm
where you can find a nice rocket-smoke made with particles and alpha-textures. In the file is also a texture that is bigger than yours. Maybe you should take a look.
But if I understand @ce right isn’t that the best way to make the rocket-smoke? Please give me a hint how it could (or should) be done in your eyes :smiley:

That’s enough for now. My fingers are almost bleeding.

Greets, Tobur.

Hey, what has everyone got against spaceships? :stuck_out_tongue:

I think a few little ships here or there would make the image great!

Tobur:

That is one sweet image bro’ :wink:

I like them big too… normally when I’m modelling, all the test renders are 800x600 or 1024x768… about your picture, hmm, I was thinking of something that could fit on my screen, 1280pixels width max… feel free to email it to me, if necessary… actually, if you go on posting it as email, then just put the fullsize version… it’s better ofcourse…

also the idea of making two pictures is good. with and without the “spaceship” (shudder) … :slight_smile: I just happen to like more downtoearth pictures… and this picture here, just speaks of solitude, calmness, silence…
if I would add a vechile to it, it would be of course, wrecked old car, half sunken to dirt…

.b