Windows 10 AntiMalWare Service Exec. slows down starting up Blender

Hi,

Every time I start up Blender I see in the Task Manager that the AntiMalware Service Executable starts to run. When I start Blender up the first time after logging in Windows, it can take up to 4 a 5 minutes to Start up Blender. (Because the Antimalware keeps on scanning it). When restarting Blender it goes a bit faster, but still quite slow.

(The numbers are fluctuating much, so the numbers in screenshot doesn’t represent much)

I thought I could solve it by making exclusions in Windows Security Center, but no go;

Any idea how I can start up Blender a bit faster? (I have a computer that was a mining rig, so it has good GPU’s but cheapes i3, 8GB RAM, cheapest HDD). Doing an upgrade as soon as possible (16GB RAM, i5, faster HDD, and hope to render a bit more interesting scenes).

1 Like

I think i encounter the same problem. Never had that issue before. Blender starts now very slow.

Yes, what could done to make it quick again?

No problem as of now about this, looks like. I’ll check better next time.

1 Like

I have that problem for years, so it’s not even related to Windows 10 specifically. My specs, exept GPU, are very low so maybe others don’t notice it. Going to upgrade now:

• Seagate ST2000DM001 2TB SATA III Performance Hard Disk Drive
  • Intel Core i5 4570
  • 2x Corsair CMV8GX3M1A1600C11 8 GB DDR3 1600

All together 130 pounds. Hope that speed things up a bit.