Winged lion

I have made this 3d relief, inspired by the golden artistry of the Achaemenid era, a treasured legacy from ancient Persia.

8 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

thank you.

1 Like

I must say, I love the material you’ve used here. It’s gorgeous. It reminds me of either a deep laquer (more likely), or alternatively, the color of root-beer flavoured hard-candies they made years ago… a similar translucent dark brown in the shape of wooden barrels. :smiley:

Thanks for sharing this work with us! :smiley:

1 Like

yes you’re right and you describe it in very interesting manner that I can Imagine it clearly, of course I must say that I use very special glazed material made by Michal Stetina from blenderkit. and the material is not mine but the 3d model is.

1 Like

The artwork modeling is beautiful. I love the Achaemenid style, it’s so distinctive and unique.

Regarding the material: does it automatically kick up the yellow highlights? Or did you have to encourage it somehow? I can imagine how it might “yellow” areas with tighter curvature, but I’m curious to know if it’s automatic or encouraged. This is stunning either way. :smiley:

1 Like

thank you dear shannonz, those yellow highlighted parts provided with pointiness.

1 Like