[WIP]Bevel after Boolean

Looks very cool.

I think that MOI will give smoother geometry and faster.

Any chanche to have this turned into a non-destructive modifier???

Nice work Tungee! Very demonstrative of add-on’s abilities!

Ilya… Moi is good indeed but having a tool as is ‘Bevel after boolean’, inside an all purpose 3D app as is Blender, is quite different. And, also, the meshes which result from Moi’s conversion to obj, despite their being very consistent regarding their shapes, still they are meshes which are more difficult to edit inside Blender then the meshes which result by ‘Bevel after boolean’.

Moi is another kind of tool… it is great, no doubt, but that does not diminish, even in the slightest degree, the value of tools as is ‘Bevel after boolean’.

‘Bevel after boolean’ is a whole modeling tool by itself, inside Blender… something as a totally different modeling mode. It has already elevated Blender to an altogetherly new level regarding its modeling abilities!

Thank you fellows!
The model is not final jet :wink:

As Fatesailor has said, i think i prefer now only Blender… Its everything inside now.
Also Moi is also destructive and on my machine it is not so fast.

Thank you Ilya for this wonderful addon!!

I’m not a programmer. And I never studied the language C.
Maybe someday, I’ll start learning C, but it can take a very long time.

2d23d started porting. But I do not know whether he will continue.
https://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?435274-Mesh-Fushion-Bevel-Boolean-fuse-�Blender-solution&p=3229091&viewfull=1#post3229091

Fatesailor,Symmetrize fixed.

Darcvizer, With Carve, the results improved, but Carve removes the vertex groups. It is necessary to think more.

OMG. just wanted say WOW IS THIS GOOD ADDON!!!. finaly can make smooth boolean meshes, this should have been in blender as standard since forever !!! THANKS SUPER MUCH. now i wish only blender would be much faster in boolean operators : )

May we have the version with the fix? I downloaded from the latest link -the 0_0_8 link- but it is still the one which had the problem.

I have not yet uploaded the file. Now I will copy the fixes to the file, because with Carve I need to understand more.

Before installing, you must uninstall the old version.

Attachments

boolean_bevel_v_0_0_8(Fix).py.zip (8.11 KB)

In which cases is the carve boolean better than the bmesh boolean?
The only advantage i see is ,that carve also can handle planes beside voluminas.
The mega disadvantage of carve is that is so slow.

Carve works with open surfaces.

Bmesh is not finished so we need to use carve in some types of operations like planes etc.

1 Like

Thanks Ilya! Just checked it… it is working ok! : - )

The model is now final…

With some DOF

Great result !

Thank you Pitiwazou!

Nice works Tungee! Very clean examples of what someone can achieve with the use of the add-on!

I am putting below a new try of mine… it is impressive what can be done with the ‘slice’ option in the add-on! You can make whole complex hull plates, with all their nicely filleted edges, very easily! Things that can be achieved very difficultly using the usual modeling tools!

Fatesailor great work!

tungee, Fatesailor - cool work. Very unusual and interesting.
Found a small error with the normals in the slice mode. I’ll try to correct it.

Thanks Tungee and Ilya! This tool is a greatly inspiring tool indeed! All this freedom that gives in unifying, subtracting, slicing etc without having the hindrance of unnatural looking cuts is pure joy! : - )

Ilya, really there is still a small problem with the normals (a problem that appears in the non visible parts of the boolean-ed objects) . There is a way of solving it, however, by clicking the ‘set from faces’ in the ‘shading/uvs’ tab (you select the whole object in the edit mode and click the mentioned command). It will be better, of course, not having the problem at all.