[WIP]Bevel after Boolean

No problem, we can wait! Just do not neglect to inform us about the progress from time to time. :slightly_smiling_face:

Doesn’t seem to work for me in blender 2.8 latest release. For some reason, no parameters are shown on the shelf with tool :frowning: bevbool

1 Like

only after boolean operation (without applying), other options (parameters) will be appeared.

Test on lasted build today still work fine

Custom pipe method is broken with the latest blender build. It has something to do with the changes to proportional editing

Hi, in 2.8, where is the settings to adjust the fillet and stuff in 2.8 ? On 2.79b it’s right below the T-panel.Untitled-1
In 2.8, right after engaging Bevel Boolean, the parameter is blank.

In 2.79b, doing the same step will reveal this:

For 2.8, I am using bab_v_0_2_3_1.py.

Are you deselecting and reselecting the boolean-ed objects before clicking to activate the add-on?

Also, be careful so that the boolean operations be in the brush boolean mode (that’s to say not applied).

After pressing " Bevel " use the F9 shortcut to access the parameters or the button in bottom left of the 3d view :wink:

Thank you, pressing F9 is the key !
But without pressing that, there are no option shown.
Can any of you confirm for me that the intersection method doesn’t work for the 2.8 version ? It doesn’t work for me but works for 2.79b.

I updated the script so it works on the latest Blender

bab_v_0_2_3_1.py (46.3 KB)

11 Likes

ist not working here…

1. Read the instructions carefully.
  2. Add a boolean as operations are performed (one boolean per operation).
  3. Play with the settings.
2 Likes

i dont get it how i proceed?, i select both meshes to difference through th bool tool addon then i click the cube and click bevel and does a mess

without surf sub

For sharp corner use custom pipe.

2 Likes

Ilya any news? Did you find a way for dealing with the problem of self intersections in the pipes? It would be great to have this problem solved. In such a case the way to produce bevels will become almost totally without obstacles.

work in progress

5 Likes

Some test:

14 Likes

Beautiful!

This looks really great!