[WIP]Bevel after Boolean

The needed thing is to be able to produce flawless bevel rails on lines which are close to each other. If we had such an ability than it would be very easy to produce intersected strips -with the method I referred in my previous post- on objects.

In other words, the needed thing is to be able to produce thin bevel rails on selected loops, bevel rails which does not disturb each other.

In the image below I do explain it visually with the two sided red arrow: can we have clean cut bevel rails when it is narrow? This is the needed thing!

1 Like

Not a new version. Small tests:
bab_v_0_2_8_4_tests.py (61.2 KB)

1 Like

What do you mean by ‘small tests’ Ilya? Some explanation?

Some fixes. mergetreshold 0.0. I also tried to add a corner adjustment.
Maybe something else :smile:

1 Like

It would be good to have some visual explanation of those things… it is difficult to understand them through words only. :wink: :smiley:

treshold 0.0 ->thin bevel

merge corner →
%D0%A1%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%BC%D0%BE%D0%BA%20%D1%8D%D0%BA%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%B0%20%D0%BE%D1%82%202019-09-16%2018-07-59 %D0%A1%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%BC%D0%BE%D0%BA%20%D1%8D%D0%BA%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%B0%20%D0%BE%D1%82%202019-09-16%2018-08-09

4 Likes

Thanks! :smiley:

Found a bug. After a while I’ll fix it

1 Like

Errors may be present. The algorithm requires refinement.
Pipe self-intersection:

bab_v_0_2_8_5_tests.py (61.7 KB)
bab_v_0_2_8_6_tests.py (62.0 KB)

6 Likes

fix merge corner:
I think I need to add an absolute value (not percent, number)
bab_v_0_2_8_7_tests.py (62.1 KB)

3 Likes

I think the second method looks better.
Your opinion ?

corner 0.9
1)

2)

corner 0.5
1)

3 Likes

The second one is the best. The transition in the corner looks more harmonious.

But, this corner fixing option for the pipe where in the options tab can be found? I looked for it and did not find it.

It is not yet released. It will be the default.
I will try to post a little later

1 Like

Ok. thanks! :slightly_smiling_face:

Tomorrow I will add one more parameter.
Corner Size - values from the maximum (1.0 maximum)
Corner Radius - absolute value (limited for each loop individually)
bab_v_0_2_8_8_tests.py (67.0 KB)

1 Like

The first part of the video - size
The second part - radius

9 Likes

This is very nice Ilya! The outer corners too need some similar thing however. It is a problem that I meet very often in my experimentations. There are many cases where you may have a very nicely curved bevel but with the areas of the sharp corners remaining unacceptably edgy. In such cases I do try to increase the count of the segments for solving, somehow, the problem but it is not an efficient solution either.

So, is there a way to deal with the outer corners too as with the inner ones? Something that will make them too nicely curved?

I will try to do it today or tomorrow.

2 Likes

I got it like this.
I think a little later to separate the parameters for the inner and outer corner.

bab_v_0_2_8_9_tests.py (67.7 KB)

6 Likes

With sharp edges it also works:

5 Likes