[WIP]Bevel after Boolean

16 Likes

Very nice results!

Amazing work! And I found one bug already) Your parameter name “Autside Corner” - should be renamed to Outside Corner i think. Просто отметил это, так сказать:)

1 Like

Thank. I will correct it in the next version.

3 Likes

Dang, you’ve really made some incredible improvements to this tool!

1 Like

This is beautiful!

This would be actually really useful for regular offsets by helping avoid self intersections. I wonder if some of the code here could somehow be incorporated into the offset edges addon.

4 Likes

Theoretically, this is possible. But the pipes have ordered vertices. Therefore, it is easier with them.
In addition, there is still a lot of garbage in my code.
The required code is in the find_inside and fix_inside functions

2 Likes

Fix small bug:
Band

It can be used as offset.
Later I can try to write offset
bab_v_0_2_9_1_tests.py (68.0 KB)

5 Likes

Oops. Another small fix (fix band when mian tilt = 90 degrees).
bab_v_0_2_9_2_tests.py (68.0 KB)

1 Like

You might want to try MoI 3D, @Fatesailor. It’s a hard-surface modeler’s wet dream. :slightly_smiling_face:

Ilya, could you provide also a 2.79b version???

I have it Metin (yes, I gave the not so small -for my budget- amount of money and bought it some times ago). It is one of the best tools around as to the hard surface modeling, indeed. But I do like having means as those that BAB is offering inside Blender too. Ilya’s work is excellent and it is quite worth encouraging it.

2 Likes

Having the opportunity to produce offset bands on an intersect-cut line on objects can open the way for producing -with the aid of some small amount of manual work- intersected bands… which afterwards can be extruded and used as cutting objects for producing intersected strips on objects.

So having a command, along with the pipe producing command, for producing bands may be a very significant enrichment of the add-on.

Definitely! :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Make separate settings for the inner and outer corners will not work. For band only.

Does anyone else need this?
If necessary, I will rewrite, but not the test versions.

3 Likes

Personally I think at this point it’s not worth anyone supporting 2.79. It’s like making sure a program still runs on Windows 98. :wink:

5 Likes

… Or making sure a website still runs properly in Internet Explorer. :wink:

4 Likes

My Imac doesnt handle 2.80 :frowning:

1 Like

also, 2.8x is not on pair with 2.79 yet (in functionality or feature wise, disregarding rendering)