WIP Nijubashi Bridge

i be glad to ear you opinion ,
new to texture. so tips will be welcome

Attachments

You call this new to texturing? That looks pretty darn good to me. I’m sure more experienced eyes could find something though

That does look quite good for a first attempt at texturing, my first texture was a smily face on a UV sphere :wink:

I think you may need to up the resolution of the texture though so you can imply the surface of the bridge a bit more. Is it bumpy? Is it smooth? That’s, in my opinion, the purpose of texturing. Keep it up, it looks good so far.

thank you all for your replay

i will up the resolution of the texture ,but i don’t have enough reference images
only some i found on the net
(http://images.google.com/images?gbv=2&hl=en&ei=UlILSoPdM8-rjAeJ6K3_Cg&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=nijubashi+bridge&spell=1)

the surface is a bit bumpy you can see in the wireframe render
i think the answer is smooth.
i would make it more bumpy , if i ware in japan and taking the images my self :evilgrin:

more suggestion will be taken gladly

Attachments

There are no problems what so ever with your colour map texturing, rather the main issue with your bridge is you material settings. It looks like you have set your reflective and specularity settings a bit to high, at the moment they’re more suitable for a shiny new bridge. Also, as already said if you use a bump map to bring out the rough surface of the stone then it will be 100%.

Good lighting is also key, at the moment there doesn’t seem to be any indirect lighting in your scene. Ambient Occlusion is a quick dirty get around, but it will cost you in render times. If I were you i’d use AO combined with a couple of low powered lamps placed at the side and rear of your scene ( there’s a lot of info available on light setups, three point lighting etc.).

With a few little tweaks I think it will turn out great, looking very good so far.

exactly the tips i was looking for ,
i will made them when i get home , and post again :slight_smile:

ok i did as you instructed :eyebrowlift:
it dose look better …

i am a bit now to blender (4 month’s ,something like that)
if i consider all of the things that i learned during this model , before modeling
the bridge was was looking better ,
i think there is ALLOT of things to fix in the mapping

but next model will be better :smiley:

Attachments

Material settings are looking a lot better. On close expection your mapping could use a little work in a few little areas check out Bertrand Benoit’s tutorial on mapping for architecture (at the bottom of the Page)
http://www.bertrand-benoit.com/Downloads.html

It’s a very good and simple method, your project’s coming along very nicely.

hey, yea, there’s a lot of improvement to the further edition. It looks good so far.
To improve the scene i would play a little bit with the lighting to create a harmonic play with lights and shadows. You could also use Normal Maps to simulate a rough surface.
If you need some textures, have a look there:

There’s also a good tutorial on this site how to create a normal-map from a image.

But, good work, go ahead :slight_smile:

thank you …
i know there is allot to fix , and to remap ,
i just downloaded the tutorial to my pc.
ill check them out .

i will try to put some ground around and some water

hey, yea, there’s a lot of improvement to the further edition. It looks good so far.
To improve the scene i would play a little bit with the lighting to create a harmonic play with lights and shadows. You could also use Normal Maps to simulate a rough surface.
If you need some textures, have a look there:
http://www.cgtextures.com/
There’s also a good tutorial on this site how to create a normal-map from a image.

But, good work, go ahead :slight_smile:

yes … there is …
i will read a bit. and try it on my model .

thank you you helped me allot

Working for an land scape to put the bridge on
here is a sample .

i will be glad to get some tips

Attachments

here is a virtual tour of this landscape :slight_smile:
http://ye-vr.com/vr/shay/

cooOOool…

thank u :slight_smile: