[WIP] Sverchok, parametric nodes for architects

For 2.82. I will try with that node if it’s available.

Hi, I’m having a bit of trouble trying to animate a value with keyframes in a node:

I add a keyframe at the start with a value of 0 and then one at the end with a value of 1. This should make a smooth transition between the two, but instead, the keyframes don’t seem to have an effect and nothing changes.

I am an absolute noob to Sverchok so I don’t know whether this is an actual problem or whether it’s just my incompetence

Thanks for your help!

Sverchok does not support keyframes but you can use frame info node instead.
2020-02-28_22-15-06

1 Like

Damn, thanks for the quick answer :grinning:

In the Console I’m seeing the following errors:

ERROR (rna.define): c:\b\win64_cmake_vs2017\win64_cmake_vs2017\blender.git/source/blender/makesrna/intern/rna_define.c:2019 RNA_def_property_enum_default: “SvTextureViewerNodeLite.output_mode”, default is not in items.

That’s not the only one but I’m not going to type them all in. Can someone explain?

in short it means you must update Blender to a nightly, and sverchok to the current master.

see here why : https://github.com/nortikin/sverchok/issues/2891

1 Like

Hey folks someone can help me on creating a simple node setup, for a mesh plane with an array intersecting a custom mesh with the ability transform this plane?

Hi all!
I set a basic live connection from FreeCad to blender via sverchok script lite node.

I used a python 37 build of freecad that could be easily imported in blender like module.
https://github.com/sgrogan/FreeCAD/releases/tag/PY3.7-win

I have zero knowledge about node scripting and I looked for Sverchok / animation node / sorcar script nodes.
At momend I’m working on a cad / freeform model and I just need the Cad part of the model to be visible inside the blender model and merged via boolean modifier in the end.
I’m wondering if this could be interesting for Sverchok developer, besides simple live load of cad parts (it can convert on the fly from step file ecc) we could immagine a collection of freecad nodes?

another example I did on the fly, generating a freecad document from zero:

"""
in dummy v
out verts v
out faces s
"""
import bpy,sys

FREECADPATH = '' #insert freecad py37 path
sys.path.append(FREECADPATH)

import FreeCAD as F

F.newDocument("freecad_blend")

F.setActiveDocument('freecad_blend')
F.ActiveDocument.addObject("Part::Box","B")
F.ActiveDocument.addObject("Part::Sphere","S")
F.ActiveDocument.recompute()

parts = F.ActiveDocument.Objects
boolean = F.ActiveDocument.addObject("Part::Fuse","Fusion")

F.activeDocument().Fusion.Base = F.activeDocument().B
F.activeDocument().Fusion.Tool = F.activeDocument().S

mesh_data=boolean.Shape.tessellate(0.01)
F.closeDocument("freecad_blend")

verts=[mesh_data[0]]
faces=[mesh_data[1]]

6 Likes

Interesting. I just was looking at a way for using booleans efficiently inside Sverchok some times ago… that could do. I mean, using Freecad to perform boolean while inside a node setup…
At that time the SV boolean node was not robust enough and I was left with lot of errors… then I learned boolean need specific tools, so this may go…
Could you share your setup so I can give it a try?

here the file, but it’s just a test, you have to fix freecad path to make it work:
BLENDER_SVERCHOCK_FREECAD.blend (670.1 KB)

again this is the only build of freecad working inside blender 2.8 (python 3.7):

https://github.com/sgrogan/FreeCAD/releases/tag/PY3.7-win

Let me know!

2 Likes

Thank you for this amazing addon , By the way I have 2 requests for developers @zeffii @portnov : - can sverchok make the grid fill operator interactive through node I mean starting with 4 connected curves to define a surface then through a "special node create quad surface "like sweep 2 rails command " any changes to curves affects the created quad surface interactively .
the second request is to reimport scrpited node 1 to sverchok v 6
Thank you in advance for your replies .

Rastart what is the setup process for freecad inside blender? How do you setup freecad path to make it work? Are you able to make a video? Does it work in 2.82? Thanks

This is april fool’s day

anything written in ScriptNode 1 can be easily converted to SNLite. There will be no work done to reinstate ScriptNode 1 in Sverchok for Blender 2.8+. SNLite is superior :slight_smile: in all ways.

there are quite a few new surface nodes, with documentation (that i haven’t even tried yet)

I m using blender 2.82, the setup is very simple:

Download and unpack freecad py37 build: https://github.com/sgrogan/FreeCAD/releases/tag/PY3.7-win
The path has to point to the bin folder inside freecad build

import bpy,sys

FREECADPATH = 'F:\\FREECAD\\37\\bin' #CHANGE IT ACCORDING TO YOUR FREECAD LOCATION

import FreeCAD

let me know…

MEANWHILE, I tried to make a raw script to convert SUBD to NURBS directly into freecad, this is just a concept, but I need some help on this task, the math involved is over my limit…
Anyone interested?

9 Likes

wow
this is super handy tool
hope you release your script
may be you already saw this, but anyway, may be this can help to develop

Rastart where do I type in this info. import bpy,sys

FREECADPATH = ‘F:\FREECAD\37\bin’ #CHANGE IT ACCORDING TO YOUR FREECAD LOCATION

import FreeCAD Do I open this area somewhere in blender and type it in. Thanks

I make a topic about with source file, If someone is interested do help me in develop features is welcome!

In any case I’ll post here further development:

1 Like

Rastart can you provide me with a clearer explanation of where I create this path? In blender or windows explorer with a step by step procedure of what you do? i am new to these things. I appreciate it. Or if someone else who knows how to do it. Thanks