[WIP] Sverchok, parametric nodes for architects

No, just generate an object from ready-made objects
time 5:00 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohUEXxIKAWI&feature=emb_logo

Hi @vicdoval
I have done some experimentations. dans recreate your exemple.
But there is 2 nodes that I can’t identify.
1 / CA : vert is boun…
I found from blender sushi blog the node “mesh filter” that look same entry and select button but the output look very diférent from your node.
2 / NOT X
I suppose the title change depends on the option or somthing.
I use a SV version old from 2-3 week I don’t node change name but with shift-A search I didn’t found any NOT node.

• NOT X is a Logic node

• CA is “Component Analyzer”

with many many modes :slight_smile:

protip for finding nodes… use alt+space search window

3 Likes

See Sorcar add-on

1 Like

Procedural town:

10 Likes

Hi,

Would anybody recommend any tutorial for creation parametric facade, covering etc ?

Thanks I think I’m almost there now ! :slight_smile:

I use openbox wm so I remap my wm shortcut in order to be more blender friendly.
“alt+space” is very handy.
So many cool nodes ! I hope I will master some after time.

Last step.
To make a non manifold volume I had duplicate the surfaces and try to do a uv_connection using
is_boundary vertices.
I got a nice paper accordion :slight_smile: probably because vertices are sort by x y axes.
What would be the correct way to take the boundary vertices in the correct order ?
I have extract edges boundary to but I don’t know how to order vertices using these edges?

1 Like

use script node light with template ‘topo sort for profile’ and it is on the bottom of list of templates in utils section
Снимок экрана от 2020-05-23 23-53-27

we have interaction node with sorcar, AN and audionodes, called ‘node remote control’ for now

3 Likes

Very nice, thanks for the info. I will take a look at it.

Is this a one way connection or both ways connection between node managers?

1 Like

thanks @nikitron I have done some tests on a more simple example.
But apparently I didn’t found how to plug it correctly.
Here is a shoot screen

I have a question.
Starting from a cone, I want to obtain a “slanted” version of it, aligned to a side.

slanted cone

I’ve tried bend along path but I can’t figure the right way

Any help appreciated…

Thank you. Need to analyze those nodes…

Did that. But I get an error:

sverchok.core.socket_data.SvNoDataError: No data passed into socket 'data to mask'
2020-05-24 18:00:39,666 [ERROR] sverchok.core.update_system: Node Index To Mask had exception: No data passed into socket 'data to mask'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\kabukunz\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.83\scripts\addons\sverchok-master\core\update_system.py", line 383, in do_update_general
    node.process()
  File "C:\Users\kabukunz\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.83\scripts\addons\sverchok-master\nodes\list_masks\index_to_mask.py", line 74, in process
    Ma = np.zeros_like(Dat.sv_get(), dtype= np.bool)
  File "C:\Users\kabukunz\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.83\scripts\addons\sverchok-master\core\sockets.py", line 569, in sv_get
    raise SvNoDataError(self)

Doing s.t. wrong… I have 0.6.0.0 last update
The sub -1 is a scalar math node… is that right? Because I get

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\kabukunz\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.83\scripts\addons\sverchok-master\core\update_system.py", line 383, in do_update_general
    node.process()
  File "C:\Users\kabukunz\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.83\scripts\addons\sverchok-master\nodes\list_masks\index_to_mask.py", line 71, in process
    Ma[Ind] = 1
IndexError: only integers, slices (`:`), ellipsis (`...`), numpy.newaxis (`None`) and integer or boolean arrays are valid indices
2020-05-24 18:14:11,428 [ERROR] sverchok.core.update_system: Node Index To Mask had exception: only integers, slices (`:`), ellipsis (`...`), numpy.newaxis (`None`) and integer or boolean arrays are valid indices

Probably convert mask node could have auto conversion from float to integer data type.
2020-05-24_20-58-37

1 Like

looks like we could make this more user friendly, indices should be integers, according to the error, so you might investigate the nodes you are inputting into the Index-to-Mask node, The Sub (Scalar Math) node is outputting a Float.

but admittedly it’s not immediately obvious judging by the default output of the Stethosope. (but if you switch to “Graphical” mode of stethoscope it tells us the type of items stored in the socket data. If you don’t do this, the Stethoscope will attempt to represent the data as “nicely” as possible.

1 Like

both ways. sorcar has node ‘to sverchok’ and sverchok has node remote control

1 Like

There is always more than one way to do things. Here is one of them.

Yes. It worked.
I’m returning to SV after a long time, I guess I’m a bit rusty :laughing:
Basicly all my things are still 2.79… and should have seen that was just a vertex grab. :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:
Sverchok has got modified quite a bit. I see you’ve made a lot of new nodes; curves, fields, lots of new thing… now it looks really cool. :+1:
Thank you, guys. @zeffii, @randum, @portnov and @nikitron.
Really impressive job.

2 Likes