[WIP] Sverchok, parametric nodes for architects

Yes, I know of him and do follow him.

Thanks

Hi :slight_smile:

As playing the timeline, I’m trying to modify every index of a list of vertices coordinates (so that my_list[x]==[x,y,z]), one index per frame, but keeping the previous modifications in this list, for any number of frame I need.

The problem is the following : at frame 0, index [0] is modified as needed. Then at Frame 1, index [1] is also modified, but the index [0]’ modifications are restored. I understand why Sverchok behaves like this, but I want to find a way to acquire the initial list at Frame [0], then be able to modify it for a given number of frames (if the length of this list is 50, I need 49 frames).

I wonder if the Multi Cache Node can help me ? Honestly, I don’t understand how it properly works (especialy the event that makes the stored data to be outputed). Can someone give me a hint on this ?

Thanks a lot, be safe :slight_smile:

EDIT: I’ve figured a way to do it without the Multi Cache node, first because it does not allow a “circular iteration” (you can not update then re-input the updated list), secondly because I’ve used a List Slice node and it’s so much simpler. Will update soon

1 Like

i get an error Blender 3.0 and 3.1. i installed it from preference/addons and used the .zip file. In blender i add a plane, go to Edit mode and press N panel and choose the Fractal extruder, i chose the face of the plane in Edit mode and then pressed fractal extruder button and get an error every time. Also when i press most of the fractal extruder pop up parameters i get similar errors, here is an example of the error in Frex_operator.py line 100

LSD = eval(fob[‘LSYS_DATA’])
Keyerror: ‘bpy_strucy[key]: key “LYSYS _DATA” NOT FOUND’

Can someone help?

thanks
Steve

1 Like

hi, fractal extruder addon is not related with sverchok.
there is just a sverchok node lite script that you can find in the addon page:

You can report the error there, but now I’m near to release a new version soon ( tested on blender 3.1).

1 Like

Curious. Is Sverchok still in active development? Currently learning grasshopper and this is next on my list

Yes it is.

Excellent thanks! Time to dive in…

Having trouble running Sverchok on a MacBook. When ever I try to enable the nodes I get a syntax error message.

What is Blender and Sverchok versions?

2 Likes

Blender version 2.93 Sverchok version 1.0.0

It works with Blender version 3.0.0. https://github.com/nortikin/sverchok/issues/669#issuecomment-894635193

It should work with 2.93 too. Probably the problem is in the Sverchok folder name, it shouldn’t include dots. It difficult to say without the error message.

Hello there. I have a problem I’m not able to fix.
I’ve got this node setup:

and I get this error:

2022-09-05 18:38:42,244 [ERROR] sverchok.nodes.transforms.move_mk3:43 : can only concatenate list (not “float”) to list
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/Users/max/Library/Application Support/Blender/2.93/scripts/addons/sverchok/core/update_system.py”, line 441, in main_update
node.process()
File “/Users/max/Library/Application Support/Blender/2.93/scripts/addons/sverchok/nodes/transforms/move_mk3.py”, line 131, in process
result = recurse_f_level_control(params, ops, move_meshes, matching_f, desired_levels)
File “/Users/max/Library/Application Support/Blender/2.93/scripts/addons/sverchok/utils/sv_itertools.py”, line 138, in recurse_f_level_control
result_add(recurse_f_level_control(g, constant, main_func, matching_f, desired_levels, concatenate=concatenate))
File “/Users/max/Library/Application Support/Blender/2.93/scripts/addons/sverchok/utils/sv_itertools.py”, line 140, in recurse_f_level_control
result = main_func(params, constant, matching_f)
File “/Users/max/Library/Application Support/Blender/2.93/scripts/addons/sverchok/nodes/transforms/move_mk3.py”, line 43, in move_meshes
verts_out = verts + move_verts * strength[:, np.newaxis]
TypeError: can only concatenate list (not “float”) to list
2022-09-05 18:38:42,246 [DEBUG] sverchok.core.tasks 122: Global update - 3ms

Is it a bug, or I’m doing something wrong?
Thank you…

1 Like

show sthetoscope output to understand

1 Like

Here it is:

I remember there was a way to send data to a log file, but it seems I’m not able to do it anymore.
I’m running latest 1.1.0
Thank you

as we can see, [[[[[v][v]0]]]] means that you input wrong data to rewire - seems you join data with different levels.
f.e. wrapped [[[[v]]]] instead [[[v]]] with [[[0]]]
so, joinings are not ok

2 Likes

I see, third value should be a vector, not zero.
Ok, let me try again

Alternative menues appeared in settings

3 Likes

3 Likes