Wireless Add-on - cables made easy

Realistic cables in a few clicks

Wireless add-on helps you to create cables and edit them with confidence in a non-destructive way.

I have built it because I had to model cables quite often and I found myself doing the same tasks over and over again. And when this happens, I do like Raymond Hettinger: “There must be a better way!”

I have tried to wrap-up all the process so it can be done from the tools shelf very easy and quick and you can swap the prebuilt types of plugs within seconds.

Update Version 0.6.6

• Now you can add your custom cable parts and plugs and re-use them as many times you want.
  • You can export and import custom parts to the library
  • More than 60 heads and 11 cable types.

Check out Wireless add-on on Blender Market

Here is a video explaining the basic functionality:

Thanks, Alex

7 Likes

Thanks for the addon Alex. I bought it a couple of weeks ago. I will try it once the update comes out.

Brent

2 Likes

Hey Brent, you’re welcome.
Here is a short video describing how adding custom parts is gonna work:

And while adding new parts some of them just don’t want to get right for the first time :sob:

Take your time fixing that. I am in no hurry. Thanks Alex

1 Like

Here are some examples of PC internal parts that will be available soon.

By the way, it’s End of Summer sale now on Blendermarket

. 25% off for more than 450 products until Friday

And here are some more connectors ready :slight_smile:

Alex has the addon been updated? Thanks

Hey Brent, not yet, but if you need something urgent, let me know :+1:

No hurry Alex.

Here are the plugs available at the moment.We have asked you friends what would you like to see and here are your answers taking shape.
But you can also model your own parts and add them to the library with a couple of clicks.

What would you create?

is the LAN cable correct?

Actually you’re right, @zcaalock the LAN cable uses at the moment vertex colour and not yet the proper colours are assigned to each wire.

Version 0.6.6 released. Now you can add custom parts and more than 60 objects in the library.

When is the 2.80 (2.81) version coming? :slight_smile: eagerly waiting…

I’m working on it now.
Basic functionaliy is available, I need the Add new parts and edit parts updated.

2 Likes

Love it, go go go!! :smiley:
I wish I had time to learn how to program, then I could have helped out. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks @cet77 , I’ve made it :slight_smile:

2.8 compatible version now available!

4 Likes

Cool!, thanks.