WLock - an addon for Blender 2.8 which allows to lock 3D view rotation using hotkey

Hello! We know about this problem. Unfortunately in this mode Bender doesn’t work correctly with Wlock. Blender has own lock modes in quad view, so you can see the strangest effect… Like alternative you can to split the main viewport on four parts (windows) and save this UI like preset. Thank you for your feedback!

Rotation is locked. Does panning remain at the same time, without holding shift, only MMB? This would make the add-on more like navigation in 2d applications. And this is what I really need. (Google translation, sorry :blush:).

1 Like

Hi,

You could add options to make the icon move when switching the “N” panel?

gj5hzTxNYa

Continuing the discussion from WLock - an addon for Blender 2.8 which allows to lock 3D view rotation using hotkey:

Hey there Jazzik. First of all a huge thanks for what you do, I’m so in love with your WLock Light addon, been using it for like 2 years now :slight_smile: 2 dollars well spent hahaha, amazing man!
Hey, I’ve found a bug recently, and wanted to report it just in case you still patching this one: I’m working in Blender 3.0 now, and every time I go to Viewport Render Image with the lock ON, it crashes. As soon as I unlock the window I want to render, it renders it no problem. Wonder if you could fix that one. A huge thanks in advance! Cheers!

Not working in Blender 4.02
Python: Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users\fob\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\4.0\scripts\addons\wlock_pro_init_.py”, line 1079, in draw_prepare
self.lock_gizmo.matrix_basis[0][3] = x
AttributeError: ‘WLockGizmoToggle’ object has no attribute ‘lock_gizmo’

It’s working now. Got help from the author on Blender Market. A combination of deleting the old addon install and installing the latest version.

thank you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: