Wood texture physically correct, using wave texture!?

How was the wave texture made?
What do I need to do to be able to replicate it?
I’m trying to make a procedural wood texture, physically correct.
I would like the wave texture to be the basis for this texture.
Because it has some very useful modifiers like “Distortion” “Detail” and “Detail Scale”.
I want to make it work as a ring tube, just like in a wooden trunk.
I could not adapt the wave texture because it in the “Rings” mode finishes designing rings in all the faces, being that physically correct the rings must be extruded in an axis. (example: the ring projected at x, y is extruded at z, and that the Distortion, Detail and Detail Scale modifiers work to modify the tubular shapes of that extrusion)
I work with desing and architecture, I do not understand much about programming, and I need a little help.

Forgive me for grammatical errors, I’m using translators, my original language is Portuguese.

The wave texture, at default x/y, is a scaled sine wave at 45 degrees. Don’t remember if it’s remapped from -1, 1 to 0,1 or not. The bands come naturally by ignoring the z.

If you want plain rings, take position and measure distance (in some plane, probably XY) from some point, then run it through a math/sin node. (Or cos, they’re essentially the same thing.) This can also be done via rectangular-to-polar conversion.

Scale is easily recreatable via mapping node. I don’t know the technical details or distortion or detail, but you can do your own distortion by modulating input coords by noise. (Adding or subtracting a bit on the basis of a noise texture lookup from base coords.)

Changing the relative shape of a particular wave is best done with a RGB curves node IMO, but maybe you’d prefer a color ramp.

I did not understand how to do it, can you specify?

here is some progress, but still not convincing that it is a wood, the most extreme veins do not have as much distortion

Take the sine of one of your coordinates: