Working at proper scale for a location set?

Hi folks…I opened a location / set file a friend prepped for me and I was going to append in all the vegetation I was building from my own file.

I work to the default 2 meter cube for scale…but his characters and set are fully ten times larger ( character is 180 meters tall instead of 180 cm )

I tried to select all / transform scale in X,Y,Z to 0.01 but that made no change ?

ACTUALLY ( edit ) - I selected all ( A ) and just manually used the scale tool on a copy of the set file and scaled the entire thing down until X,Y,Z were at 0.01 and then saved. I reopened it and it’s remained at 0.01 so that seems good. Should I leave it as is now or somehow redefine this new version as a new 1.00 somehow ? ?

Wondering…

Hmmmmm…

You should contact your friend and get the scale standardized between you.

If your friend is not using blender you can use the settings in the file browser side panel (click the cog icon at top right to open) to set the scale to 0.01 on import.
This is common - especially with importing .obj files.

In your copy of the file you need to apply scale.

1 Like

Scaling (in object mode) and applying scale for mutliple object does work fine for me…

You may have to elaborate this to get a more suited answer.

Thanks

I’m not sure either of us know what’s correct.

I did manually scale the entire set to 1/100th of it’s size because typing it into SCALE had no effect.

I could append and bring in my plants but I still had to scale them UP about 300% so I was basically working by eye. The visual results are very cool…so it all seems to work visually but for a production ( and basic lighting ) I’m going to have to start researching again