Write me your tutorial wishes!

how about something for making special effects for game engine? I’ve searched and searched and only ran across two helpful tutorials but nothing all inclusive. Smoke and fire are overdone. What about a mage casting spells for instance? Since particles don’t work in BGE, looks like you’d need to create those first and render them out into some kind of animated texure to apply in BGE. This was what I was gathering but haven’t had time to dig deep.

I don’t know anything about the BGE. Sorry.

Here are two new videos I recorded:

Have fun and happy blending.:smiley:

I want a tutorial about realistic hair moving under water. Like someone with long hair swimming with a camera angle pov being under water not from on top of the water.

I never made that, but maybe you try to set the dynamics in the particle sektion and in the scene settings you play with the gravity…
Maybe some forcefields as well.

So you are up to date:

:smiley:

I’m a total noob so I have no idea what you’re referring to. but i’ll google the hell outta it.

Maybe I will record a “not listed” video for you… But just the settings, not the full setup…

Very nice thread!
Because I’m Fallout 3 modder, I’d like to ask for tutorial about kits (kit is actually a compilation of several meshes that can be used together on a grid). I’m sorry if I didn’t explained it well, I’m not a native English speaker. :slight_smile:

And also I don’t possess such excellent Blender skills, I’m looking for somebody that can do such things for me… or at least teach me how to do it… :slight_smile:

Regards.
A.

From what country are you??
I am from Austria…

Can you explain what you mean… I can think of anything…

Well, I’m from Slovakia… so we’re neighbours, actually. :slight_smile:

As I said - I can’t explain it better, but if you go to this page…

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/39551

… and click on the IMAGES, you can see some examples, especially at 9th and 13th picture. The guy that created this stuff is calling it “a set”. I call it “a kit”.

Regards.
A.

hello can you make tutorials on how to make clothes for secondlife step by step for people like me who do not know blender?

Please, a good tutorial on material and texture nodes.

Cycles I think…

Ok…

I could use one, but I don’t want it in video format. I want it in print! Videos suck! You can’t easily get back to a particular part of it when you need to if it’s written. When a tutorial is in print, the reader can find the part he needs rapidly.

I need to know how to make a cylinder take the shape of a path, and when you’re done, you have access to the cylinder’s vertices, not just the bezier curve. This should allow you to cap the ends. Is this possible? If so, HOW?

I also need to know how to make a cylinder that has hemisphere shaped ends. I’ve tried aligning a split sphere’s vertices to an open ended cylinder’s vertices, but this is next to impossible. The end caps of said cylinder need to be perfectly round. I’ve also tried to set two spheres of the same size side by side, then removing the faces that point toward each other, then joining the two ends, and selecting opposing edges and filling. Most always they’re off by just a fraction of a fraction of an inch. How do you do this?

All these video tutorials are lacking. Very few authors are precise about how to do this. They’ll say things like ‘click here’, when they should be saying ‘click the apply button’ or whatever is appropriate. These authors frequently screw up by not planning ahead, then make mistakes that they correct which only confuses people. WRITE 'EM DOWN! Include screen shots. Make the tutorial streamlined and straight to the point! KEEP IT SIMPLE! Many of the videos go too fast too! SLOW DOWN!

You can avoid all of these problems by WRITING 'em down and illustrating them with screen shots. You can make a written tutorial in PDF format or in HTML. Then when the reader needs to review something, he can get back to the point that he needs to review. And hey, in written format, you can’t mumble as is often heard in videos.

One other thing is very needed by us noobies and probably by veterans too – a thorough and complete list of keyboard shortcuts, with sections for every type – camera operations, modeling meshes, sculpting, coloring and texturing, etc., laid out in easy to read format. I have parts of this list from one source, another part from other another source, and some of the keyboard shortcuts are heard in video tutorials that I write down. This is just plain stupid! Can’t somebody compile a list that makes it easy to find all of these shortcuts?

So, if you’re willing to put down your Camtasia and write HOW to do something, I could use your help. Others would benefit from them too.

I would like a tutorial of how to create a stage with texture/shader/modeling like Mario Galaxy for Export (Game Engine)…
See the pic:

PIC1
PIC2

I Love the ambiance and textures :slight_smile: i would like see that tutorial (:

and thanks for your time :smiley:

Wow… long text :smiley:
If I make a tutorial to you problems, I will make a video, because it’s much easier for me to make and much faster…
I think you can find a long list of shortcuts on the blender guru website…I had no look in that, put I think it’s really good…
http://www.blenderguru.com/

Also these thinks like “too fast” and such are because you are, maybe, a beginner… When people make a tutorial, mostly they make them for middle to advanced users and that would be really ignoring for them to watch in kind of slo motion…And maybe you are one of those people, who just learn easier from reading… I, for example, can’t use written tutorials that much…

@@Andyno
Oh… I read it now once again and I think I get the point now… Just assets for gaming or you scene, right??

can you do a tutorial on How to Modell this Basic Stickfiguretypish Character ? would be great if it could be reigable and used for Animations or even better asa Game Asset thanks.