Write proper Arabic text Add-on for Blender VSE

I created a new FREE and simple add-on to make Blender VSE support the Arabic language.

Many non-English languages are not supported. Letters and words cannot be understood. This issue lasted for a very long time and still exists. Some addons were made for the 3D viewport but I think they are now obsolete and may have major bugs. No addons were made for VSE at all. Arabic speakers struggled enough trying to get around this (like typing the text in an external software then, saving it as an image). This is a basic/essential function that must exist in Blender, just like any other software.

I really love blender so I decided to make this addon. I started with VSE. If people liked it, I’ll continue to add features like making the 3D viewport support Arabic as well, and making outer stroke for the text, …etc.

The addon is very very simple. It consists of only one button. Yes, it’s just a single button that corrects Arabic text. In spite of that, I made a video tutorial about how to use it LOL. Actually, the video have a testing purpose too.

The download link can be found in the description of the video, or in this blog article:

[https://88k88.blogspot.com/2021/07/how-to-write-arabic-language-in-blender.html](Go to blog post)

If you would like to encourage or support me, you don’t have to send money or donate. You can just subscribe to the youtube channel to get updates, and share my blog post among people who asked about this issue.

I hope you find it useful, Have a nice day!

2 Likes