Wrong Units conversion

I’m having an issue were Blender wrongly converts Metrics to Imperial measurements, and vice versa I think?
I’m working with a blueprint in Imperial measurements, but when I switch to Metrics and check, it gives a wrong conversion result.
I did apply the scale, so I can’t tell if it is a Blender bug or something wrong with my scene?
I started this Project in 3.6 and switched back and forth from Imperial to Metric several times before and never had a problem.

This circle should be 0.051 inches/1.29mm of diameter according to my reference

Yet Blender thinks it’s 0.00422 inches wide

The line inside the circle is flat (z = 0) and the scale in object mode is applied (1/1/1).
What could be wrong there?

Blender 4.0.1 is the most recent version.
Try installing the latest version and if there is still a problem, report the bug.

You can also try Blender 4.0.2 Release Candidate.

Or, if you share the .blender file, other users may check it.

I’m in 4.0.1 actually, but I may try 4.0.2.
I can’t share the file unfortunately, it’s professional work.

PS: I figured it out my bad. I will state it here as it can save someone’s else trouble:

In Blender the length for Imperial is Feet by default, not Inches. When you switch from an Unit System to the other, it doesn’t save the underlying units you chose within that system. It is annoying actually: when you work in Inches, check in Millimeters and switch back to Imperial, the length comes back to Feet instead of Inches. Well, I need to see how can I submit this to Blender and see if it can be changed in a future update.
Thanks for the reply!

The default settings are pit and mit. :thinking:

My personal experience is that the meter, which is the default setting, is stable, so I’m using it as a meter.

In the beginning, there was confusion about the dimensional difference between meters and millimeters, but now I’m used to it, so there’s no confusion. :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes I usually go with meters but most my blueprints are in imperial there, so I have to use that and check in meters if the scale is right from times to time.

1 Like