WTF? Parts moved, scaled or rotated

I have been using version 3.6 for several years and have designed many objects to 3D print.

There is a VERY odd glitch in the file I am currently working on. When I open the file, parts are sometimes moved, have been re-scaled or rotated. Scale and rotation values will show the part has been changed so it is easy to fix.

I have never had a crazy issue like this before. Any ideas?

Did you reset the scale and rotation of the object?
I think it may be a problem if external modeling has been called.

A common problem is that there may be an unknowingly set animation key value.

※ I think we need to check the saved file to find out the cause. :thinking:

RC Tank.zip (1.1 MB)

Here is the file. I only use Blender for 3D modeling and have no knowledge of animation. This is the only time I’ve had this problem. Parts are altered about 1/5 times I open the file.

Thanks

There are some rigging scripts and animation in this file, that’s probably what the issue is.

1 Like

Every object has an animation key value, and every object’s rotation, movement, and scale are locked out of modification.

add…

dfghdf

The script error that occurs when opening a file is
You can delete it from the Outliner.

I need to add that I recently tried to lock the variables to prevent changes. When I opened the file, it looked just like the screen shot above. The hatch moved on the XYZ axis. The motors rotated 180 degrees on Y. The tread rotated 180 on X.

I now need to say that I am terrible with Blender’s other features. I will need baby steps.

Thanks

it seems like the locking works when you try to use the “g” key to grab and move the object because it won’t move, but it doesn’t work when you move it using the values in the transform panel because then it will move regardless of the lock. So maybe try to use the “g” key if you want to avoid things moving? You may have accidentally added keyframes by hovering over the transform values and clicking the “i” key. I would try just deleting all the keyframes you have and that might bring you back to the original dimensions.