X-Muscle System for Blender 4.X

Hello!

Here’s a preview of forthcoming tech demo where anatomical reference was used.

Best Regards!
Albert

Some stills for better insight and overview.

Best Regards!
Albert

Albert

looks more and more impressive!
looking forward to seeing the skinned model!

this is must have for blender and professionals!. Great work karab44!

Thank you guys for great motivation!

Here’s some very fast glance at work progress. It’s still WIP and much things to do.

Advanced muscle pinning and mirroring achieved with X-Muscle System 1.8.9c

Best Regards!
Albert

Outstanding work!

Thank you!

I bring some cool stuff here!

From today add-on comes with Anatomy Bundle which currently includes rigged human male skeleton! I hope everyone who want to get to know the add-on straightaway and use it in their works will find this asset useful!

Wow, you´ve made superimpressive progress with the quality of the demonstrations mister! This is quickly becoming a real musthave pro-tool for blender artists. Congrats rock ´n rolla! :cool:

Thank you! It is really nice to hear!

This is why demonstration looks better:

• I’ve spent much time on studying anatomy, where special thanks goes to Vilda, who found many reasons to convince me, that I should do my homework :), (investing in 3D body atlas saves a lot of time…)
  • I’ve spent more time on polishing technique on muscle creations and experimenting with moving the boundaries further
  • and at last but not least add-on is dynamically and constantly developed to provide as many tools as necessary. Thanks to this demo project, development is focused 100% on the results.

Thanks everyone for help and criticism. This is the fuel for my engine.

By the way… take a look at my finding!

This short demos have been made by Vassilis Kakoulantonakis . I hope he won’t protest I share his work here :))
Animation is a little bit off but just look at these details!

The beast is so amazing! I really want to see this in action in his next videos

Best Regards!
Albert

Thanks for the addon and the continued improvements made to it. It’s a really nice asset for Character Riggers/Animators.

Hi Albert, I’m Vassilis, thanks for sharing my work! I would like to say and I said it in the past before that your addon is great! Very easy to setup and works out of the box. Blender needed a good muscle system and now it has it.
Thanks again!

thank you!

Thank you Vassilis for great feedback! I really love the presentation you made and I am extremely happy you’ve found this add-on useful! If you only need any support, feature request or have any question I could answer, just give me a sign! I’d love to help :slight_smile:

Best Regards!

Albert

Hello everybody!

Here’s a little update:

Our character is ready to skin

Muscles are sharing common textures so only 4 textures are used for the whole muscular system. Pectorialis major, Rectus femoris and Latissmus dorsi required separate bitmap. It’s memory efficient.

I am finalizing the character so updates will appear more often under WIP topic. For everyone interested in tracing the progress I share the link below:

Best Regards!
Albert

Hello everyone!

New Big Update is coming and is planned to be Rolled Out before the end of the Week!

Version 1.8.9e which will include all unreleased 1.8.9.d changes:

1.8.9d This version will contain some improvements:

• allows to manually reattach muscles attached with auto-aim to other bones and still successfully bind them with the skin. (more flexible workflow in sacrifice of auto-weight painting)
  • allows to successfully finish binding all the muscles to the skin even when corrupted microController mechanism is detected (accidentally deleted or omitted on muscle duplication).
    These are corner case and rare scenarios but probability with their occurrence increases with complexity of the project. Change is about to minimize the human error.

1.8.9e will provide full support for new advanced pinning features:

• new Muscle Pinning Panel
  • enable and disable viewport/render muscle pinning
  • add/remove pins
  • select pins toggle
  • reset selected pins
  • minor bugfixes
  • documentation update

Best Regards!
Albert

Hello!

Punctually The New Big Update has been Rolled Out!

Version 1.8.9.e contains tons of new tools and improvements and makes X-Muscle System faster and more powerful than ever!

Best Regards!
Albert

I think the one think you’re lacking for the muscle system to really show off , is GOOD animation, It seems to me you’re using some crappy mocap, and that doesn’t bring you believable motion which is key.

Working on it! Thanks for the feedback!

You may want to follow this thread. It’s constantly updated

Best Regards!
Albert

Hello,
here’s a little update. A short Video teaser of the arm. These are just fast OpenGL renders so there’s no superior Cycles quality at the moment. But just wait for the final render of the full animated character. More of these soon.

Best Regards!
Albert