X-Muscle System for Blender 4.X

I have a question. Are the x-muscles deforming itself when arm bends?

Yes, otherwise it wouldnā€™t be possible to reflect them on the skin correctly.
Just take a look on Brachioradialis when forearm bends in X-Ray (top view). Bending muscles is possible with Muscle Pinning feature.

Hereā€™s one more vid where you can observe origins and insertions of forearm muscles and how do they bend and twist.

Best Regards!
Albert

Gā€™day!

Hereā€™s a small presentation of pectorial muscles mechanics

Best Regards!
Albert

Hello everyone!

Hereā€™s another mini video tutorial from the mini video tutorial series. With this video youā€™ll learn how to interactively inspect musclesā€™ mechanics on your character. This technique can be used for checking muscle deformations influence on the skin.

I would like also to announce that new 1.9.0 version will be released tomorrow. It contains ā€œisolate selectedā€ feature which is really useful tool in the matter of inspection. More details in the video.

Best Regards!
Albert

This bugfix release fixes X-Mirror when new pinning functionality is used with microControllers

versions 1.9.3

• microControllers now x-mirrors correctly when muscles are using pinning, bugfix

Please update your add-on. For existing pinned muscles re-enabling microController is needed to x-mirror correctly

Best Regards!
Albert

Hello everyone!

Hereā€™s another mini video tutorial from the mini video tutorial series. With this video youā€™ll learn how create realistic musclesā€™ and bind them with your character.

Best Regards!
Albert

I have really hard time seeing what you are selecting and typing in the tutorial. Maybe a higher dpi in the settings.

I have a 24 inch fullhd monitor.

Sorry for this. Itā€™s a hardware issue. I use 30ā€™ā€™ screen with 2K resolution with non standard ratio and the screen recorded in FullHD gets little blurred but i can still read the text on GUI buttons. Videos are edited in Blender with bitrate bumped up to 9000 in h264 codec. I canā€™t do much about it at the moment but as always looking for the ways to improve the quality. Sorry for the inconvenience. Next time I will upscale GUI size a bit. I believe itā€™s still good video according to its narration and overall overview. If you have any issues the manual can still help with particular things. The video is made to show some general ideas about the workflow.

Best Regards!

Albert

By the way, the add-on itself is 25% off only for this weekend on BlenderMarket. So if you wanted to try it out it may be the best moment!

Best Regards!
Albert

Hello everyone!

New version 1.9.7 is here! And with update there will be new type of muscles available (muscle strip)

Best Regards!
Albert

Version 1.9.7 has been rolled out!

Enjoy!

Best Regards,
Albert

This looks really cool! Good job!

Thank you! I hope you like it :slight_smile:

Best Regards!
Albert

This is pretty neat, I thought only maya could have these kinda movie industry stuff to make realistic muscle deformations.

karab44 do you plan to do a BCON presentation sometime ? It would be great to know more about how you pulled this off.

Hi,
No at the moment but currently I am working on blender core code what in result will improve quality of particular modifiers. This in long term will also be the introduction to the development of the elastic implicit skinning. Itā€™s a full time project and I would ask anyone interested for help. Any kind of support will be appropriated! Thanks! :slight_smile:

Best Regards!
Albert

karab44 Elastic implicit skinning ? Holy shit youā€™re my god. Iā€™m not a developer so, canā€™t really help on that.

Hi!
Thank you ChameleonScales for kind words :). Making such modifier takes some time. Please be patient. I believe my research will result in some good solution.

Hereā€™s small update whatā€™s currently on the track

WIP so C&C are welcomed!

Demo notes:
-opengl rendering
-anatomical approach
-physics not enabled
-skin binding not enabled

Best Regards!
Albert

Hereā€™s a new cover for the market. It is actually a shot from the demo that will be featuring soon.

So donā€™t wait a minute longer and bring your digital fossils back to life! :slight_smile:

Best Regards!
Albert

Attachments

Your work is amazing! Thank you for undertaking this huge task and offering such a robust solution. Iā€™ll put it to use first chance I get