X-Pose Picker Animation tool for Blender 4.X

Hi everyone!

I discovered this piece of software a couple of weeks ago ( refereed by the AutoRig pro guy ) and I must say it is the best thing that happened to the rig in blender since the bendy bones , no doubt .

I m writing here for get updates news and help of the X-pose picker , and I will fill this thread of questions

hopefully I will show here some cool things that I m doing with this awesome software

1 Like

Thank you David for sharing your awesome work!

I know you have even more goodies to share with us! Things that I haven’t even realized are possible with X-Pose Picker! :smiley:

Could you also share a video of your character ‘facial expression’ and ‘hand gesture’ manager made with X-Pose Picker if it’s not confidential work? You made huge impression on me with it :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

X-Pose Picker is in constant development, some features require implementation, others polishing but we’re going in a right direction!

Best Regards!
Albert

1 Like

yes!
I m waiting the permission of the studio owner of the character, they said they make it public soon, meanwhile I m preparing a character to share it as public!

Indeed, and once again thanks for this incredible add-on

1 Like

Thank you for using X-Pose Picker!!!

Albert

I am proud to announce that X-Pose Picker project has been nominated by Epic Games for MegaGrants! The grant will be used for further development of the tool according to its goal list what means more features, more integration and more fun!

Thank you Epic and thank you everyone for your support! This wouldn’t be possible without you!

animation #ue4 #b3d #EpicMegaGrants

Best Regards!
Albert

4 Likes

wow, congrats Albert!!!

muchas felicidades!

1 Like

Muchas Gracias, David! :slight_smile:

Don’t let this chance to save up to 80% on k44dev products slip through your fingers.

Offer starts August 3rd

After reading this thread I get finally a grasp of what the X-Pose Picker is. I didn’t understand the above quote though. Let’s say I made a picker and a rig, can I sell the rig with the picker I made, or is that on the roadmap?

1 Like

Hello Peetie and thank you for your question!
Currently there is only one tool to create, edit and set the pickers as well as to select them. With X-Pose Picker you’re able to toggle between edition mode and selection mode. But the picker is more than that. It allows you to create your custom UI inside the picker tab, run python scripting and so on. It opens a lot of possibilities. Every picker you create is saved to xpix file and can be distributed freely and launched on other machines where the add-on is installed. So far there is no division between the creator and user programs. With that said - it’s possible that when the X-Pose Picker will get more and more diagnostic and editing features that user don’t really need, there’s a chance that the functionality may be separated into two programs.

In closest future X-Pose Picker will get more power with the updates:

-drag n drop shape buttons from OS to picker to add new buttons
-drag n drop shape buttons from OS to replace existing buttons
-drag n drop image background from OS to picker
-requested basic diagnostic tools

I believe these changes will significantly improve the workflow, speed and comfort in creation of new xpix pickers even more!

Best Regards!
Albert

2 Likes

I can not tell when this eventually may happen. What I can tell is that the add-on’s price is tempting right now. :slight_smile:

Albert

1 Like

hello guys!
long time ago I started to experiment with something like “stop motion stile” in blender , with a certain level of success , but I have to admit, to control those rigs is a very difficult , until now . In my past setup mostly of expressions were controlled by properties. numbers without any reference or even a poor ux UI , but now…

https://youtu.be/nd7NUWawXW8

I m really enjoying it a lot

and take a look of this beautiful project

https://tribee.online/

free rig + picker

8 Likes

Can this be used for a custom model or only the model provided?

Is this a question to David about his character?

I think he ask about the X- pose picker in general

yes, you can use the X-pose picker for whatever character using your custom rig, rigify, blendrig etc, and super easy to setup

1 Like

Hello everyone!
Latest update fixes application startup on first run on MacOS and Linux systems. No need to set manually permissions for binary file on each installation on that systems anymore! More features to come

Best Regards!
Albert

Hello,
I discovered x-pose picker and am very interested in using it on a production. But I noticed something a bit annoying. The autosave does not seem to work when x-picker is active.
According to my research, this is a limitation of Blender that blocks autosaves when a modal operator is active.
Could there be a way around this limitation, by restarting the modal operator every 2 minutes, for example, to let Blender do its autosave?
It would be great !

1 Like

Hey,
A plenty of add-ons have an issue with that. The problem has been reported to blender development team, and as far as I know there’s a ticket for that pending.

restarting modal operator would require restarting the whole picker communicating system which is complex operation.
What could be done instead as a workaround is to override the autosave when the picker is launched so with internal timer with all settings such as time interval fetched from Blender Preferences.

Best Regards!
Albert

1 Like

Hello, good news,
Auto-Save issue has been fixed and will be deployed by the end of the week with the update containing this and other improvements.

Also there’s a blender ticket which describes global problem:

Please update your X-Pose Picker add-on to ver. 1.9.0 after the availability notification.

Best Regards!
Albert

1 Like

Wow, thank you very much!
What reactivity!