version 1.9.0 contains:

• restored auto-save function
  • shrinked minimum picker window size
  • bugfixes

Best Regards!
Albert

2 Likes

Hello everyone!

The new X-Pose Picker 1.9.3 version of the add-on has been released and with new release come new features and improvements:

• new superFocus option allows to immediate focus windows on mouse hover
  • dramatically improved workflow with new magic auto-mouse option
  • interface cosmetic changes for better readability
  • gizmos on transforms now remembers previously used tool
  • bugfixes

From now on magic mouse will assist you with more precise and intelligent mouse cursor control and superFocus deeply integrates the picker with blender so it makes the tool almost transparent in your workflow. Try it now!

Thanks to all project participants for the suggestions!

Please send me some feedback! Let’s make it the best tool of 2021!

From now on you’ll get the special discount for purchasing multiple licenses if you’re a Studio. There are 3 price variants available.

If you are happy Studio user please make developer and consider obtaining multiple X-Pose Picker licenses. This way the project will receive more features, improvements and bugfixes.

Please spread the news, share and recommend it to your friends!

If you’re happy with the newest update please rate it with 5 stars in the Product Ratings page

Best Regards!

UPDATE NOW

Albert

4 Likes

New X-Pose Picker 1.9.4 is available!

• changed naming from clean to reset button shape
  • fixed closing tab will sometimes close wrong tab
  • minimum button svg image size reduced
  • minor bugfixes

now also on gumroad!

Best Regards!
Albert

1 Like

Hello!
Right after I start Xpicker via blenders Picker START button, GPU usage jumps from 1-2% to ~40% and stays there constantly till I close the Xpicker. Why does Xpicker constantly uses 40% power of 2080ti? Is this normal?

Hello and thank you for reporting the issue.
Please include information which picker and blender versions and OS are you using?

This is known issue where Blender is causing the viewport to update when modal operator is running.

The first patch is on the way and will be released next week. It dramatically improves animation performance on playback.
Disabling soft shadows option for eevee may bring some effects here as well.

Expect this to be fixed in upcoming 1.9.8 and 1.9.9 updates. First delivery will take place next week.
I’m working on more efficient way of communication between these two apps and latest updates will focus on that.

Best Regards!
Albert

2 Likes

I’m using 1.9.3 because Bitdefender deletes last 1.9.4 version as a Trojan. I’ve also tried an older 1.8.9 version and it caused 40% gpu usage just as 1.9.3. It happens both with Blender 2.91 and 2.92.

Can you please link me somewhere where I can read about the modal operator and viewport update? Because googling of those keywords and few others did not led me anywhere.

Disabling soft shadows did not help.

What about 1.9.7?

Starting with version 1.9.4 there’s superFocus option which manages windows focus, may be seen by defender as a false positive threat.

I had similar problems with earlier picker versions where antiviruses reported issue until I uploaded the app samples to av laboratory for analysis and approval.

Go to scripting and there’s modal timer template. Run it and you’ll see how it updates the viewport on each loop iteration. Picker currently works in a similar way but different approach may be delivered next week. This may solve the performance issue.
All the GPU heavy load is basically done by Blender not the picker. It’s of course the side effect caused by how picker communicates with the blender but this will disappear in latest patch.

Best Regards!
Albert

superFocus was added since 1.9.3, not 1.9.4. Bitdefender is ok with 1.9.3 but not 1.9.4.

I did not try 1.9.7 because I didn’t know it existed. Last email notification from BlenderMarket is only about 1.9.4 and BlenderMarket addon listing says: Current add-on version: 1.9.4.

Btw I’ve also tried the modal timer template. The timer does raise GPU usage to stable 31% while Xpicker raises it up to stable 43% (same default cube scene)

What are you trying to measure?
the template is using 0.1 s interval
self._timer = wm.event_timer_add(0.1, window=context.window)
and picker samples the scene with 0.03 what gives around 30 times per second.
to compare apples to apples simply change the template modal timer to 0.03.

Version 1.9.7 is patched for Windows only, that’s why it’s not mentioned anywhere. However neither 1.9.7 or previous versions do not contain any performance fixes yet.

The communication protocol handler has been rewritten from the ground. With new communication protocol the picker will be able to:

• detect first free port and automatically use it
  • handle the hanging ports with grace
  • support launch of multiple picker instances (including Maya, UE4 etc.)
  • get performance boost while keeping super low update latency

I’ll keep you updated. Don’t hesitate to ask questions meantime.

Bitdefender is ok with 1.9.3 but not 1.9.4.

Do you have Windows Defender on your mind? is there an issue with 1.9.7?

Best Regards!
Albert

1 Like

Thank you for the info about the timer.

Bitdefender, not Windows Defender.
1.9.4 has 17 detections on virustotal.com while 1.9.3 (with superFocus already) has only 3 detections.

I don’t know about 1.9.7, I’ll wait for the versions with performance fixes and for now I’ll use 1.9.3.

thanks for the heads up!
I’ll keep an eye on it

here’s the upcoming 1.9.9 update.
With rewritten core part of the communication protocol
Expect it at the end of the week

Best Regards!
Albert

1 Like

Hello everyone!

X-Pose Picker version 1.9.9 is finally here!
with the latest update come massive improvements:

• drastically improved performance in Blender Viewport
  • fixed svg buttons can’t be updated
  • fixed disappearing svg buttons
  • improved picker subprocess management
  • many bugfixes

Best Regards!
Albert

1 Like

Thanks! Your efforts are most appreciated.

1 Like

Thank you so much! That was a huge effort to deliver this update! But totally worth it

Best Regards!
Albert

X-Pose picker version 1.9.9 now not only for Windows, but Linux and MacOS have also been deployed!

Best Regards!
Albert

Thanks for the update!
Unfortunately, not sure if it’s just me, but the “Set Namespace” button is broken here, it doesn’t set it.
Anyway, glad to see the eevee viewport refresh issue is fixed!

Yes. Had it working but now that capability is gone.

Check in the Picker app menu “Change namespace”. This should be updated after the button “set namespace” was pressed. Maybe it’s just a glitch. If you can send me a scenario where the namespace is not updating then I’ll deliver fix for that.

remember Set Namespace will work only in Pose Mode

Best Regards!
Albert

by the way guys,
when did you downloaded the add-on? This namespace button should work in most recent upload from today. Just make sure you wipe out old files from blender add-on folder

Albert