Xenomorph Kermit

This is the best Blender art I’ve seen in my life

1 Like

Did you now your image was appropriated by the FB site “movie takedown”? I somehow doubt they asked permission, but I might be wrong…
xm1re

1 Like

No, they didn’t ask

1 Like

I gave them hell.

3 Likes

A True Masterpiece.

1 Like

Good to see that human creativity still beats ai text-to-image generators. Double congratulations!

2 Likes

Absolutely love that.
Brilliant work :clap:

1 Like

The texture of the felt is really impressive too, with tiny fibres looking so natural.

1 Like

Ed Harrington is an amazing artist, check out his other works, they are very creative.

Are you ok? Do you need to talk to someone?!

1 Like

I can’t believe what I just saw.
Nice work :grinning:

1 Like

It’s not just that site I’ve seen it several places on instagram too; with no artist credit.

I think it’s just a side effect of posting on BA as the BA website allows you to download the full-rez original image and not just a lousy screen grab. I’m pretty sure a lot of non-artist Instagram and FB content pages browse BA for content for their personal/monetary sites.

1 Like

Wow! Laughing, while oddly terrified, in a soft cuddly sort of way.

1 Like

Congratulations, this work has been nominated for the ‘Best of Blender Artists 2022’ award in the #characters category! You can vote for it here.

1 Like

This is such an awesome/terrifying idea :joy: Love it!

Thanks for sharing how you made the material!

1 Like

I don’t think there’s a good solution to this- art thieves steal low resolution images too, and especially now with AI upsamplers, resolution doesn’t matter at all, you can get a high res version of anything. Art gets stolen from every website- Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, ArtStation, etc, all have a long history of this. If those gigantic companies can’t figure out a solution, I’m not sure what a tiny website like BA can do :sweat_smile:

Let me atone for my off-topicness by saying this is the best felt shader I’ve ever seen, hands down. Incredible work!

3 Likes

This is genius lol

1 Like

I love and hate this equally. well done