XVIII century portrait

Amazing work. Wish I’d be able to do similar! :slight_smile:

Incredible, I love how this takes me back to the 1800’s, gritty wild-west feel to it without it even meant to be that way. Beyond excellent, very cool!

On the left its how it should be in my opinion, the right didn’t really bother me, maybe a slight thinner maybe?

However, it would be the rim light which would make it appear white, whereas in reality it’d probably be black like the rest.

Me likes though never the less…

Excellent!! Nice sculpt and all. Did you use a displacemap or you just maintain the multire ??

Amazing work!

Epic stuff!

Very impressive,it gives me creeps when I look in his eyes.

I’d like to know how you created the perforation on his neck, chin, and scalp. Lots of tesselation & vertex sculpt?
Incredible work, overall!!

I’ll join the chorus, very very nice. What I love the most is the lighting. It’s very difficult to to get the highlights and contrast that well done.

vincent89 - thx :slight_smile:

Teris - thank you - never give up, and try, and try and try, until you’ll succeed :slight_smile:

Quandtum - thanky you very much (on of my inspirations was Deadwood - great tv series) :slight_smile:

rarebit - thanks, I fought with small hair a lot - because of it i switched all my lightning (from aera lights to spots with deep shadows) :slight_smile:

kala_ndo - thank you, only multires (I don’t like blenders displacement bake)

pepps - thx :slight_smile:

danilius - thank you :slight_smile:

ulquiorraad - thanks :slight_smile:

Lightman - thx, yep pure sculpt, the secret is to make additional corrections (crease brush) after small detail (because pores etc. wash out medium detail)

NRK - thank you, after base material I already applied one colour correction [another on final render in gimp]

thanks for front :slight_smile:

Yes, this is what it looks like: bolt & thunder - how on earth did you make this happen? So many talented guys & gals here. I guess this picture as real painting - someday we would see it in a great museum.

this is fantastic! you should do a sepia version. :slight_smile:

Great work Andy, a great portrait! Very alive. The only thing it’s bothering me a little bit, it’s the skin texture could have more color variation. Anyway a great work! :yes:

He reminds me a little of Lenny of Mötorhead. I can’t stop looking at this portrait because I feel that this character has a rich life story to tell. He looks like he can squeeze you like a tube of toothpaste and the last thing you remembed before passing out is his gravel like burly laughter over the foul stench of tabacco infused whiskey breath.

amazing work! very realistic

NICE!!!
So you used GIMP for post processing; please tell me how you got that grainy/rough effect in the final image.

Produced in Blender all the way, no that’s what I want to see featured! No need for ZBrush for sculpts like this; top notch job! Very interesting style, very dark and foreboding.

fantastic stuff, so much expression in your works

then check out this guy from the author’s porfolio http://www.aaugustyniak.com/img/trol_small_513x700px.jpg
creepy!

Nice portrait! Solid texturing and the sculpt has personality. And the little hairs on the face are a nice touch.

The only thing is i would bring out the outer corners of the eyes a bit.

And maybe break up the forms of the jacket a bit but thats just nitpicking.

Awesome portfolio piece.

At first I thought he was a steampunk Ton Roosendaal. Fantastic portrait.