XVIII century portrait

i like the hair

Voted 5 stars

amazing! this is almost exactly how i imagined Luzhin from crime and punishment

Absolutely fantastic work ! Congratulations !

Kind regards
Alain

Absolutely amazing!

Love how you captured the essence of a man from the old days. No plucking and trimming of the ear hair! Really great I want to get at least quarter good as you. Nice portrait. :yes:

Unbelievable awesome work! No words to describe :smiley:

faerietree - thank you very much, how? just a lot of work, there’s now secret in it :slight_smile:

swirlypillow - thanks but sepia would be to easy (everything in monochrome looks better but if I want to improve I need to work with colour) :slight_smile:

lucasfalcao - thanks, yep it’s hand painted and there is a lot of place for improvement for me in that region :slight_smile:

toontje - thx, that was my goal that after just looking at him you could say what kind of personality he has :slight_smile:

venombite - thank you :slight_smile:

kano - thx, just simple noise (on white layer as multiple ~10%), but the rough feel comes from little white hairs on his face :slight_smile:

lowpolyBlender - thanks, in Zbrush it would be a lot easier (more options for sculpting and better performance) but I wanted to test my blender skill to the limit :slight_smile:

kilbee - thank you (the troll is blind) :slight_smile:

Astapov - thanks, I fought a lot with brightness of the eyes but decide the dark version (more evil), the jacket has some detail but is barely visible :slight_smile:

CD38 - lol thanx :slight_smile:

andrestas - thank you :slight_smile:

bigmanjoe - thanks :slight_smile:

gazda - thank you, I always tough of him as someone younger, but on personal level they can have a lot in common :slight_smile:

Alain - thank you very much :slight_smile:

Kernal_Sanderz - thanx :slight_smile:

Jesus Pereira - thank you :slight_smile:

wow that is very very cool you are the best

An awsome job bro! it looks ALOT realistic…

Excellent hair and skin!

Excellent work as has been said.

My only criticism would be that the lighting and stark contrast places this - to my eyes - after the advent of photography. If you look at especially 18th century portraiture, a dramatic rim light is almost unheard of. Most portraits you’ll see have a more diffuse lighting from a side or head on. Also, painted portraits from this period tend to be idealised. Only later would it come in fashion for artists to go and observe the real world and the lower classes and depict things without glossing them over.

That’s what, to me, immediately signals photo portraiture (turn-of-the-century wild west, perhaps?) rather than 18th century. Or a promotion still of an actor in a period film.

In any case, it’s high quality work. Good job!

The hair on top is perfect. The way it just enough not too much. The realism is great. Kind of got the werewolf vibe.

Am getting tired of seeing him on the top banner though, but only because I feel like he is either judging me or thinking if all the fat will cook off over the bbQ.

Awesome work. If you want to do some stuff with this, I think he would look awesome in a steampunk type setup.

very nice…but it is XIX century portrait…

He looks like he could be a vampire or something with those eyes. Not exactly a criticism as it sounds like you liked the “evil” look best, and I certainly think it gives the image an uncanny feel to it. Awesome work, I’m super jealous!

This is just frigging incredible! Just beautiful.
Now I will go and adopt a fetal position and never touch Blender again… So much talent!

Very great facial expression

the eyes made him look like a vampire! … or is it just me?

Wow… this is incredible.