Yennefer of Vengerberg

The sorceress Yennefer of Venberg—a one-time member of the Lodge of Sorceresses Gerelt’s love, teacher and adoptive mother to Ciri —is without a doubt one of the two key female characters appearing in the Witcher books and games.

I just finished the witcher video game series. She was the character I found most impressive. It took me 5 months to design and develop. This allowed me to work on new programs and develop during this long period. I spent a lot of time on head skin and used vface. For lighting, I used the products offered by cave academy. My model contains approximately 50 million points. CyclesX GPU 4.0 engine handled this complex model’s problem.

Software Used
Maya, Zbrush, Blender 4.0, CyclesX, Xgen, Substance 3D Painter, Mari, Marvelous Designer, Houdini, R3DS Wrap, Nuke, Photoshop, Lightroom and Davinci

My this Artstation project page

23 Likes

Good stuff ! I loved this character in the Witcher 3, but I never played the previous games. You took some liberties with her face, which is cool. Great outfit, very faithful ! I suppose the feathers are geometry, not xgen ? The hair strands look a little too thick… or is it just me ?

1 Like

Thanks you so much <3 Feathers is not xgen. yes geos. It is true that it is a little thick, xgen and blender curve thicknesses are not the same but they use the same standards. These are 0.7mm and 0.8mm.

Wow! You’ve captured her look really well! Excellent work :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks youuuuu <3

Note: I always do my projects in ACEScg (Maya color config) workflow. I use the chrome, gray and color checker you see in this workflow. Gray, allows me to see the angle and strength of the light. Chrome, helps position light opposite the camera angle and HDRI lights. And the colors available in the color checker represent certain expressions (skin, sky, forest green, grey tones, led rgb…) . After the rendering is finished, I match the colors with the necessary software. This gives me the accuracy of standard colors. because each camera has its own temperature settings. This includes digital cameras.

Wow! Great job here…I especially like the hair…and the outfit!

I made mine back around February when I made it available… hair cards were the way I went for the feathers and the hair… Used R3ds Wrap, and Daz Genesis 8.1 HD base mesh then imported to Blender 3.3

Yours really puts mine to shame… Thanks for sharing!

Quick screen grab… of mine…

I will keep an eye on your progress…
Happy Blending!

2 Likes

Never back down.

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thank you so much <3

1 Like

Awesome work! The skin and eyes especially look great to make the character feel alive. :+1:

How did you transfer all the (hair) data to Blender?
With that amount of polygons and xgen data it must have been some trial and error I guess… :grimacing: