Yep, modeling another car

Going to be a 2011 Rolls Royce Ghost. Just figured I would ask as I also see a good resemblance to the Chrysler 300 as well. Especially at this point in the model.

I’ve made a mistake. I meant to say Rolls Royce but I mixed up the name.

1 Like

Added a grill and the rough box model of the hood ornament.

Slowly getting the cars garage ready.

Just a few updates to the Ghost. Havent spent much time on it as I hoped I would have.

Got a bit done to the grill and headlight section. For the most part this one is down to rear tail lights then detail shapes/tweaks then on to the chopping block for body panel thickness/separations.

1 Like

How fast do you model modern cars?

@MAC2001 , sorry for the slow response.
Depends on how intricate the design of the car is but for the few cars that I have done these last two included I would say I have only actually fully modeled 3 cars the others were partials that were not needed higher detail. Also none of my cars have interiors, closest they come is quick modeled portions that may be seen in the render through the window ( like a dashboard, steering wheel, and seats.)

The Lamborghini is one of my more vigorous projects as I am still working on it but that just means like a couple hours a day when I find time. If I had to actually put a time on something if I could sit down for an uninterrupted modeling session I could probably knock out a car in a day. The left car (Volkswagon) in the 3 car render above was my second ever car model I had done. The first is really bad and wasn’t worth putting in the garage when I get back to building it.

I still say I have tons to learn and better workflows to learn that would help speed the process up but as I am just a hobbyist it really doesn’t bother me if I am lagging in speed compared to others or lagging in detail modeling compared to others.

Thank you, hopefully I will have some free time soon to get back to work on this project. Really want to at least get to the separating the body panels portion at least by the end of the next posting.

1 Like