Yet another commercial eevee archviz

featured
architecture
blender2-80
interiorarchitecture
modeling

(Tomáš Luža) #21

Because render time for such images was like 30-60 seconds, that’s why.

(nikitron) #22

super gut alles. Sie master

(kkar) #23

What are you computer specs? Just curios

(easydream) #24

Amd ryzen 1700, 32gb ram, gtx 2080, gtx 980ti

(kkar) #25

No shit, That explains a bit, speed wise. Great work.

(chippwalters) #26

@easydream Fascinating approach to Interior lighting. Your results speak for themselves. Thanks for sharing!

Perhaps you know, I’m the guy who just released the Definitely EEVEE: Definitive Interiors course.

A few points I’d like to make.

1. I agree with you EEVEE is definitely the future. You represent the perfect case study.

2. I believe irradiance probes can and do work. But they need to be well understood in order to use them properly. It often helps to bake them without all the scene elements, with high smoothness settings. Also, placement is critical. Probes should not be inside objects or walls. And, the number of probes can affect the level of artifacting as well. It will be better when Blender allows for the individual positioning of a single probe in an array-- like Unity does.

3. You’re also 100% right on AO. It should be used sparingly. Many times it’s a dead giveaway an image is CG. I feel the same way about procedural textures as you do about AO. For most things, I hate them as they almost never look real.

4. Speaking of materials, you might want to check out my free EEVEE glass shader on Gumroad. It’s substantially better than the default approach. Also, I just released a free EEVEE optimized material shader you might be interested in.

5. A very smart thing you do in your world is use photo reference material. Always a great idea. I sometimes first light and render in Cycles before starting my EEVEE lighting as it generally gives me a good starting point.

6. One thing that I also find works, is if I set up my lighting in Cycles correctly, only minor adjustments need be made in EEVEE, (after applying irradiance probes). That would be one in the + column for irradiance probes :grinning:

7. One thing your approach, as great as it is, depends on, is great skill in analyzing a scene and then applying different lighting objects, each with the exact perfect settings. While I haven’t tried your approach, (and intend to), I expect there’s a lot of trial and error until you get a feel for it-- and that includes already having a great “eye” for photorealism. Which you certainly have!

Thanks again for sharing. Great stuff!!

(easydream) #27

Thank you for your interest.

I have tried irrmaps. yep irrmaps could be useful for small scenes with 1 or two windows and without curtains and many electric lights.

Just try to test them on more complex scenes. EEVEE is interesting in case of speed. Not only renderspeed but setup speed too. In my way of scene setup it usually takes about 5 - 10 mins to setup lights. Usually i’m doing it on a Skype/teamviewer session with client. Interactively. And speed matters.

With irrmaps in their current stage it is impossible to setup scene with client on skype, because irrmaps are unpredictable in complex scenes - takes much more time to setup them - client will not wait so long.

I would wait until blenderteam add an RTX to EEVEE instead of wasting time on irrmaps.

(chippwalters) #28

I believe I’ve used them in complex scenes, but perhaps not as complex as yours.

That is interesting. So you use colored area lights for floor, ceiling, and walls, an HDRI for overall “ambient” and distance limited point lights for accent lighting?

I suspect this gets pretty performance intensive on the your GPU card. Can you move around the scene in realtime EEVEE mode? I noticed your render times for an image seems long. At what resolution are you working in for final renders?

I agree with the ray tracing comment. That will be sweet!

(easydream) #29

Usually i use models from 3dsky.org - for flowers, and other decorative stuff. These models are prepared for vray/corona, not optimized for realtime. Usually my typical scene has about 5/6 millions of faces. So in realtime mode i have about 4/5 fps in 16 samples. and about 1.5 mins for final renders. In 3000/2000 resolution.
Btw, i can not post here (or anywhere else) some of my works, exept videos, bc i have no clients permission.
So i can post only some small and very fast projects.