Young Girl

Another character I just finished. The sculpt branch proved invaluable in quickly creating the base mesh and adding detail to the jacket. The fabric details were made using Poliigon brushes. Decal Machine was used to create the zip. Texturing was all done in Substance Painter.

Based on a concept by my sister, Aileen Parkinson.

15 Likes

Super cute!

Thanks. I do archviz renders for a living, and it gets tiring just doing lifeless buildings after a while. Doing some characters has been so refreshing, even if I’m not getting paid for it.

1 Like

Haha, I feel ya. After a few days straight of animating my mind starts to wander. I can suddenly get an idea that doesn’t leave… like,“I wonder what would happen if this character just bolted for the window and dove out of it?”.

So I usually find myself posing the character I’m animating at the time diving out of a window, for a single frame render. lol :slight_smile:

beautiful work !!!

The hard part is when I’m halfway through one project and suddenly get ideas for two more. Then I have to force myself to finish the current one before even thinking of starting the next one.

Absolutely marvelous! (No pun intended…)

I’d love to be able to do characters like this, alas, so far me it’s hard surface modeling at the moment.

-Will

You should keep an eye on Julien Kaspar’s character modeling course on the Blender Cloud. I haven’t watched the chapters he’s released so far because I’m waiting until they’re all ready, but it looks like it’s going to be really good.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up!

-Will

I feel like the eyes are looking wrong. The perfect round eyes don’t fit the look of the overall character.

It could us this(don’t know the name, it the corner thing of the eyes):

Untitled

I know the shape you mean, I usually only use it on cel-shaded characters. It’s just personal preference.

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks! I’m glad everyone likes the image so much.

1 Like