Your Favorite Recipe?

I’m interested in varying up my cuisine a bit and was just wondering what you guys like to eat. Just some recipes for your favorite dishes, and no mac and cheese :P. or cereal :P.

Just dishes or desserts too?

I like to make pita bread and I use them for lots of stuff, it’s just your basic bread… half a packet of activated dry yeast, three cups of flour, one cup of warm water, a teaspoon of salt. Bake in oven at 450 degrees f after forming into small patties.

After that I cook pizza on them, using all kinds of toppings with veggies, meats, and etc. Sometimes I make tacos in them.

The same recipe can be used for pizza bread, only you roll/pound it flatter, and I do that when I’m cooking for friends.

Spinach lasagna is also a favorite of mine… it’s your standard lasagna with spinach instead of meats, making it veggie if you pick the right cheese.

My stepmom makes some really good chicken casserole that I just got the recipe for, but haven’t cooked yet.

ingredients:
1 large fryer chicken or four chicken breasts, cooked, cubed
1 cup milk
1 cup chicken broth
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 stick butter, melted
1 regular package pepperidge farm stuffing

instructions:
Put cubed chicken in large casserole dish.
Mix together: milk, broth and soup
Pour over chicken
Sprinkle with stuffing
Drizzle butter over stuffing
Bake at 325 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes

Obviously it serves a lot of people, so I’ll probably cut it into a fourth if I make it.

One of my favorite snacks is a plain slice of bread with horseradish spread on it.

My family thinks I’m crazy. But they have never tried it, the dirty finger-pointers.

Sweet and sour chicken with noodles. Get some chicken breast and put in a saucepan chopped up in small pieces. Cook until golden brown then add sauce from a jar ;). Boil a pot of water and then add noodles to simmer for about 5 minutes at the very most - they get soggy if you leave them too long. Drain noodles and put chicken on top. Optionally eat with a slice of bread (use shbaz’s pita bread recipe).

Or, buy a tin of haggis and a tin of potatoes. Heat in microwave until hot. Smother with ketchup.

Cheerios:
Ingredients:
Cheerios [1 box]
Milk [Optional]

Pour Cheerios into bowl. Add milk [Optional]. Eat with spoon or fingers.

Fruit Loops:
Ingredients:
Fruit Loops [1 box]
Milk [Optional]

Repeat as with Cheerios, substitution Cheerios for Froot Loops. Eat with spoon or fingers.

An old Filipino recipe:
-Brown Sugar
-Pork

get some brown sugar and massage deeply into some pork (chops or otherwise). Let it marinate overnite. Fry or barbecue until the pork is properly cooked.

Now a dessert:
-banana
-Ice Cream
-Custard (optional)

Bake a banana until its soft (usually the skin will go black). To test a whether its cooked, stick a toothpick in deep and then feel the toothpick to see if its hot or cold inside (obviously, you gotta take it out of the banana to do that). When cooked, take the banana, peel it, and place it in a bowl/plate of ice cream. Pour custard over both ice cream and banana.

Grandma’s Pound Cake:

3 cups sugar
1/2 pound of butter
6 eggs
1 cup sour cream
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp orange extract
1/4 tsp lemon extract
3 cups white flour
1/2 tsp baking soda

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
Mix the ingredients in listed order, pour into cake mold, and bake for 1 hr, 10 mins, or until an insterted toothpick comes out clean.

-Rocketman

Here’s a good recipe for ya. It’s really good so give it a shot.

Taco Casserole

Two cans cambell’s tomato soup
one can milk
one can salsa
16 corn tortillas, hand torn to about 1.5 inch chunks.
1 lb shreeded cheeder cheese (set half of it aside)
2 lb cooked ground beef
1/2 union chopped (optional)

Mix above ingredients into a casserole dish. Cook for 45 minutes at 375 degrees (sometimes takes about 50 minutes for the corn tortillas to be soft), just check to make sure the top doesn’t start to burn. At the last 10 minutes of cooking, put the other half of the cheese on top. Let cool for 10 minutes.

Chicken Variation

You can also replace the tomato soup with cream of chicken soup, and the beef with chicken, to make an enchillada style casserole. That variation is actually QUITE good, so try both. I’m experimenting with Cambell’s Creamy Chicken Verde soup. It’s already kinda spicy so it might be too strong to simply replace it with the cream of chicken, but I’ve had it before and it is very good.

I’ll post some more recipies later.

Great topic aorus

well when I was off travelling manymany many many many moons ago in laos…

I discovered this dish called laab moo - minced spicey pork. you eat it with aromatic leaf salad and sticky rice. yum! Infact thats just about all I ate for a month and a half.

don’t know if this recipe will do the job, but might be worth a try:

http://akatsuki.co.uk/article/115/laab-moo-tai-yum

One of my favorites is diced anchovies, marinated pigs feet, and strips of raw squid mixed into scrambled eggs topped with swiss cheese.
But make sure the squid is fresh because you could get ill.

I usually cook recipies from this journal, best one down here

http://www.lacucinaitaliana.it/World/Home_We.asp

But Italin site is much more rich than English one :stuck_out_tongue:

Stefano

I love stir fry, one that i do is…
Slice half a pepper into strips,
Dice half an onion,
Slice /Dice a couple of mushrooms,
Slice a carrot into strips - put some water over it in a mug and microwave it for 10/20/30 seconds (depends on microwave).
Cut up a Garlic clove.

You can then either :marinade the mushrooms with some teriyaki marinade.
Get the wok out. Heat it up and put some oil in there.
When it’s hot add the onions, peppers carrots, mushroom and garlic in there and start stir frying… bung some teritaki marinade in or soi souce.

You should have a portion of noodle ready… or you should start boiling the water /a portion of noodle before stir frying…

Whack the noodle in with the stir fry… if you havn’t got soi sauce because it got nocked over in the cupbaord like us and went everywhere… use teriyaki marinade or something similar…

then serve it.

Edit: take care when cutting the carrot, i just slit through half my thumb like 5 mins ago… and i havnt been able to stop it bleending yet… oh dear rofl…

pizza:

1. pick up youre phone
  2. dile the number of youre favorite close pizza house
  3. order
  4. wait for delivery
  5. pay
  6. enjoy

Thanks for the replies guys. Looks like good stuff, though I have yet to try any for lack of time. Haven’t had pizza in a while; I should try that one again sometime, @ner ;). One of my favorites is pretty simple:

-finely chop up an onion
-grind up a few carrots (3 or so) into very fine strips
-put some olive oil in a pot, heat and throw in the onion and carrot strips to saute for a couple minutes
-add rice, water, and some salt; stir a couple times, then let boil
-fry a trout, but first squirt lemon juice and salt over it
-enjoy

-a salad of some sort goes along well too, of course.

Tinned Haggis? You’re kidding, right?

Here is my suggestion – Tex-Mex.

Put 1 pound of ground chuck in a 1 or 2 quart pot, stir and brown. Drain off excess fat (but not all!), add enough water to cover the meat, a pinch of salt, 1 tablespoon of chili powder, 1 or 2 crushed garlic cloves, 1/2 teaspoon of cummin, and 1 tbl of paprika. Boil it, lower heat and simmer for about an hour. And don’t forget a few twists of fresh ground black pepper.

Then add some chopped onion (1/4 to 1/2 of a med onion) 1 or 2 finely chopped serrano peppers (or other hot pepper–tune it to your taste) and cook another half hour or so.

Watch it and add water if needed. If you put too much water in, just turn up the heat for awhile.

Now you have have the basis for a lot things: enchiladas, soft tacos, hard tacos, flautas, etc.

For tacos, get some pre-folded shells and add shredded aged cheddar and chopped lettuce and hot sauce. This is enough for heavenly tacos, but some like to add tomatoes, sour cream, guacamole and other stuff.

Taco shells can make the difference between ordinary and great: the best taco shells are thin and crispy. They can only be freshly made to be great, but that’s so much work that it can be considered mashochism. Avoid Taco Bell brand (too heavy and thick), try Mission brand if you can find it. If you can’t, look for white-corn shells.

Damn, now I’m hungry.