YouTube Is So Corrupt It's Unreal

YouTube works more in favor of the commercial-advertisement spectrum, rather than the difficult and open-ended topics of politics.

Everybody who wants to play the game must know the rules.

Then Youtube needs to come clean as to what the site truly is.

That being, it is not an open platform like Google claims it is, it is a Publisher and as such should be held fully responsible for what it does and does not allow users to post (ie. opened up to lawsuits).

If Google does not like it, then they can turn the site into normal TV and require people to sign a paid contract before they can post videos, thereby fulfilling what many are suspecting Google always wanted it to become in the first place. There are now other places like Odysee, Rumble, and Bitchute who can take the mantle as far as community-driven content is concerned.

Very good point. Back in the days things were much more clear.

As for example the entire world was different, and Youtube was different, something fresh and new.

• Music industry was fighting against the entire internet trying to sell CDs.
  • Movies were meant to be watched only on rented DVD or cinema.
  • Press and Newspapers were only to be watched on TV/Radio or sold on shops.

Youtube could be very threatening to the old ways of how things worked, the traditional media would ignore or oppose the philosophy of youtube. So the only way that the website could establish itself was to highlight this alternative worldview as a major strong point rather than crying of not becoming accepted from the mainstream status quo of the time.

This means Youtube had to become very welcoming to common folks like you and me and give importance of freedom of expression more than anything else. You (the people) + Tube (channel).

I consider myself lucky to see this transition from the old ways, to the new and alternative ways. Now I consider that is a major turning point of the assimilation of the old ways to the new ways, creating something like a dystopian/realist mixture of how things work.

1 Like

As time marches on, YouTube remains perhaps the best known place to post your video content, but today it is by no means the best. (Exactly the same thing can be said about “social media” and other “chat rooms.” They are no longer the only, nor the best.)

All of the services provided by all of these sites have become competitive, and generic. None of them have any “exclusive” on anything. (And I don’t care how much some Wall Street speculators think they’re “worth.”) Simply “shop around,” and vote with your feet.

Heard about Odysee, and heard the NAME Bitchute, but never heard about Rumble - can you expound on them?

I’m going to try Rumble sometime in the next few months. I’ll report on what I find.

yes thats a bad website overall, but I use it alot for tutorials on unreal engine and blender. Infact I have the old habit of saving contents that I like, in case they get deleted.

If you want to start a tutorial channel on odyssee I think you do great. not that these alternative platforms are better, but at least you are prepared to leave youtube at any moment.

For those of you doing stuff for Youtube, or any of the others, I’m curious as to how folks, ie. children FIND your animations?

A long time back I had met a little girl, who, obviously, watched cartoons all the time, but didn’t know the word “animation” (and therefore didn’t know to type it into Youtube!)

Btw, I presume that none of these platforms prevent you from uploading your CG EVERYWHERE, ie. if you upload a cartoon to Youtube AND to Odysee, and YT discovers that you’ve done so, they’re not going to delete your stuff from Youtube, are they??

Posting here, since Youtube might now become even worse amid their new CEO being a fan of N-F-T, metaverse, and other web3 concepts that have since been widely panned by creatives (yes, the platform might join the growing chorus of companies trying to rebuild the market for digital tokens long after it crashed). The guy is also the head of Youtube’s trust and safety, so the site might start cracking down even harder on channels expressing disagreement with the personal views of the executives at Google.

That does not even mention the recent reports of just how mismanaged Google is now and how their bungling of quality control is even starting to impact Search (which is how they became a household name in the first place). We may need a revival of Ask Jeeves to go with the Youtube alternative.

On the subject of broken, I’ve noticed that lately comments seems to be half stuffed. I’ve had a number of comments from viewers just not show up on the video page, while being listed as published in Youtube Studio but nothing I can do to make them show on the page.

Now, they don’t even appear in Youtube Studio, but I know they exists, as in a couple of cases I’ve replied, which aren’t showing either and I have the email notice to say the comment way posted.

Missing comment replies. Sometimes it says “4 replies” on a comment but when I click the arrow there are only 3 or even none.

Bots instantly reply to half the comments and impersonate the youtuber offering special contact. I comment, “BartV is the greatest youtuber!” Bot replies, "I have a prize for you! Let’s talk on TheRealBartV@BigScam.

They are so concerned with “misinformation” but the ads are for quack medicine and get rich quick schemes.

After being dormant for years I can’t log in without giving them a DNA sample and a brainwave recording. Otherwise I would delete my old account.

And now you have big tech. complaining about how the internet will be censored if their article 230 protections are revoked or even just weakened. The companies now are full-time hypocrites with no ability to be credible on the matter, and I do believe it would actually be the perfect time to really do some damage with the reintroduction of SOPA and PIPA. You can’t say at all you oppose censorship when it is actually one of the biggest and more important components in how the platform is managed.

Yeah, I get the bot issue and some automatic cleaning that Youtube maybe doing, but all the comments I’ve seen on my channel that either never showed on the video page or showed at first and then vanished are not bots. It’s all been actual real people with direct and related text to the video.

So no idea what’s going on and no way to really find out or get any info from Youtube. I’ve left feedback, but doubt that will make any difference.

That was more about incompetence, inconsistency, misplaced priorities and such. Yes, what you and no doubt many youtubers are experiencing is beyond those few problems I pointed out.

I would suspect a portion of your disappearing comments went in the memory hole for wrong think or un-persons, then incompetence, then a few legitimate removals like anti-bot.

If the cost cutting actions being taken by the parent company (in spite of continuing to have a profit in billions) can be seen as foreshadowing, then it does not give much hope for improvements to Youtube as far as friendliness to creators and users alike go.
Google has gotten so cheap, employees now have to share desks | Ars Technica

The Googleplex is literally getting into Dilbert territory.

I’m actually really annoyed with google. They have no idea how to make anything user friendly or with good user experience. I have no problem that they have guide lines but their bots are actually demonetizing good content on creators that have only 20k subs. It’s really hard for those to actually grow if they get punished for nothing at all.

I had to remove 600 channels I subbed because they have not updated any new stuff for over a year. I know they would have continued if they made some money on youtube.