ZBrush 3.5

Definitely the most innovative modeling application around.

Not again…

http://devcentral.f5.com/weblogs/images/devcentral_f5_com/weblogs/macvittie/WindowsLiveWriter/09edf1c6b0ad_8B44/Not-again-picard_2.jpg

I take it you don’t like Zbrush.

Blender is a bad program, because the sculpt is not good as Zbrush.

Blender is totally unusable for everything.

I love 3dsMax, because it is a good program.

Some people should really grow up ^^. All he’s doing is informing you people about some incredible tools in another 3D app. Like you don’t want to know what’s going on in the world of 3D ;). Let’s make sarcastic comments about SIGGRAPH because who cares about such stuff ;).

Well, I guess people just need some place where they can feel like they are so cool :smiley: (By the way you are so cool :RocknRoll:)

Anyway, back to topic. I’m really looking forward to test ZSpheres II. They look awesome it’s feeling more and more like sculpting with clay.

Some people should really grow up ^^. All he’s doing is informing you people about some incredible tools in another 3D app. Like you don’t want to know what’s going on in the world of 3D ;). Let’s make sarcastic comments about SIGGRAPH because who cares about such stuff ;).

Well, I guess people just need some place where they can feel like they are so cool :smiley: (By the way you are so cool :RocknRoll:)

I couldn’t agree more.

endi: Thanks for your thoughtful insight. Please go away until you have something constructive to add.

On topic: I find the Zsphere modeling workflow intriguing. It’s wholly different from traditional modeling workflows, but an interesting alternative with key strengths. The speed at which you can not add muscular features is astounding, and so is the display types as demonstrated towards the end.

anybody else who’s get bored of endi’s kind of humor?

I thought the zpheres II demo looked truly amazing, a really nice way of character modelling and very natural indeed. In particular the way that the base skeleton can be modified and have the “musculature” alter accordingly looked effing sexy. Such a fast way of creating characters. I’d love to create an écorché (an anatomy model) that way, it would be brilliant practice.

I can’t wait to have a go with it.

After watching that i’ll defaintley being adding Zbrush to my pipeline, truly an awesome feature. :yes:

It looks like a killer application.
Even voxel sculpting doesn’t give that kind of freedom(because at some point the volume can’t be manipulated in a easier way)
Pixologic seems 5 years forward.
The only thing they have to do is an implementation of some new remeshing scheme like this

http://www.graphics.rwth-aachen.de/uploads/media/bommes_zimmer_2009_siggraph_01.pdf

and after will be the end of the story.

Still waiting for GoZ for Blender. And one of the reasons I like ZBrush is beacouse all the upgrades are free. Well, at least until 4.0.

boring of my humor… but not boring of the endless zbrush-3dsmax-we-need-features-but-we-does-nothing-etc topics?

I think you need to go to a doctor. You’re getting paranoid :p. I think you’re in the wrong topic this is not a “giev max-zbrush-maya feature plzz but we do nothing for iiit” thread ;).

it´s hard not get impressed with that new z-spheres, and the pixologic features by pixologic are created by them, bringing inovation to 3D, like sculpt that make part of blender and not part of 3dmax yet…like retopo in blender that is better that in z-brush and help who work with this program a few years… not like no-intuitive mudbox… by being commercial programs they are not the same thing…

It looks awesome, but i want to test it before freakin out about it. Are they planning a linux version too?

I don’t think so. As far as I know there are only Windows and Mac versions available. I’m sure it will rock as hell. Have you ever tried ZSpheres out? They are totally intuitive and this makes it even better. At least it looks like and I don’t see any reason why it shouldn’t rock the house :)!

I personally enjoy very much endi comments :smiley:
I like Zbrush (although I never used it), it’s not a replacement for Blender, but is a great complement and the price is pretty much fair :slight_smile: this new ZSphers2 thing is very impressive :yes:

yeah, me too :slight_smile:
at first i was kinda annoyed by them, but now they cheer me up :slight_smile:
the forums wouldn’t be the same without him. the day i notice we have too few comments from endi i will probably start posting some really provokative threads :wink:

This looks good, and half the price, works on all os(win, mac and linux)

3D-Coat - Texturing of 3D Model