Zetor 15

Hello there!
This is my first attempt at modeling a vehicle.

It’s whole purpose was learning nurbs modeling in MoI3D, which is a fantastic tool for hardsurface, and learning the nurbs → blender workflow.

It’s Zetor 15 as it was produced in 1948 in Czechoslovakia. I tried to make it look as accurate as I could with limited sources and reference materials.

I could spend many more hours on this and it pains me to stop improving it. But the goal, which was learning nurbs modeling, has been accomplished many screws ago. And I want to work on different projects now.

I still have plans with it, but I have to get something more powerful than just my laptop for that.
Right now, I consider it finished, though I might use it in the future.

I’ll add more renders here, since it takes forever to render something decent looking on a laptop GPU.

Edit 1:
Another render

Edit 2:
Here is a short animation of the model:

6 Likes

Perhaps you could use a cloud render-farm to help you?

Anyway, especially when a few more angles are rendered, perhaps where lens-distortion is less apparent, I’d like to see this in the Gallery. “Accurate renderings of physical things” might be a mundane-sounding use of CG, but it’s a very important one.

1 Like

What exactly do yo mean by less apparent lens-dstortion?
I’m trying to think about good ways to render it, so I’m open to any help and suggestions.

The model is great. Keep going :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looks really good, congrats on getting it finished.

Moi is a great program to have in the modelling toolkit. V4 looks good with the ability to convert subd meshes to nurbs (for those shapes that are difficult to create with common nurbs modelling tools)

1 Like

I just added another render. I’ll be happy for any lighting/composition tips.

I featured you on BlenderNation, enjoy :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is awesome!
Thanks a lot, I didn’t expect it!

1 Like