Zorki-6 (Eevee)

Hey,
My latest realtime asset made with Blender and rendered in Eevee as a test of Blender 2.8.

Specs:
Body: 7172 triangles, 4096x4096 texture set
Lens: 7848 triangles, 4096x4096 texture set

Model as well as Blender example scene can be bought here:

96 Likes

Wow!
Impressive level of detail and the care of shaders and captivating framers.
Truly a beautiful work. :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

3 Likes

Beautiful!

1 Like

Wonderful texturing and nice knurling :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You’re #featured! :+1:

1 Like

Incredible realism!

1 Like

Wow it’s awesome! congrats! the mesh look so well done and the lighting it’s simple but powerful. Awesome.

Well done!

I featured you on BlenderNation, enjoy :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Beautiful work! Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Yes, it’s beautiful! Congratulations.
A couple of questions:

1. You list the number of triangles. Do you actually model in triangles? or in quads and convert to triangles for distributing the asset?
  2. What are your (Blender) camera settings to get the focus effect?
1 Like

Thanks for your appreciation guys!

1. While modeling I’m avoiding triangles and ngons and tend to use quads wherever it’s possible. But at the end, since the model is a game asset and it needs to be well optimized in order to run smooth in realtime engines, one of the way to judge the level of mesh’s optimization is by knowing it’s triangle and vertices count. This way, other artists and devlopers can asses whether the model meets realtime standards.
  2. This is a well known depth of field feature. You can find it under camera settings. As for my focal length, I’m using an empty object placed at the desired position to act as my focal point.

2 Likes

Hi,

It’s amazing work:), Can you please share your total time duration from modelling to render.

Thanks,
Vasanth

Great work I used to have one of these , but i lost it during a move once. :frowning:

So beautiful!! Congrats!

Thanks! I think I spent around 6-12h for modeling and 4h for texturing.

Был у меня такой фотоаппарат