ztonzy is now Admin! And we're Looking for new moderators!

Marty_D: Get on you knees and bark like the dog that you are! :stuck_out_tongue: (/me cracks his whip)

Thanks for all the positive comments in my favour guys. I appreciate it.

BgDM

i think JD-Multi should moderate the game engine forum.

i apologized in the post. I later realized that in europe ass is not a very nice thing to say.

So, I’m sorry if it offended you, that is just a joking statement here in Ohio.

Like in: “Hey steve, I just noticed that you have ink spilled all over your shirt!”
Steve “really??? … Dumbass.”
see, not that bad!

I understood that you understood that mine was a joke, so It is not to be taken as an offence, I didn’t really think you were a dumbass.

at least I am a nice guy!

That said. I’m interested in python/animation. As i think i could be very helpfull there.

How about me? I’m an op in #BlenderChat and a mod in the Blender Animation section already (not that I have much to do in either place). And I’ve been PMed by quite a few people who apparently thought I was a mod, if that means anything…

i wrote one of the admins just the other day saying how i was mistaken for an administrator here and i asked if it could be made a reality as i’m already an admin on several well know blender communities (real effects studios…blenderman…etc.) and he said that you weren’t looking for any moderators or even less administrators - do i still count!?

i’m on everyday and can keep have a reputation for being rather helpful and keeping peoples comments in check - even when sometimes needed!

thanks for the consideration,

daniel (prince)
rfxs and blenderman admin

Congrats to ztonzy!

Ztonzy mentioned to me yesterday about posting here. I’m up for the job if someone says I’m qualified. I’ve never been a mod before, but I’m certainly willing to learn!

I’d be interested in moderating News+Chat and Off topic, as well as traditional, though it’s hardly needed there and I’ll start visiting the other forums more actively.

My ‘policy’ is well known, however I tend to agree with the way theeth deals with things (I’d be slightly stricter when it comes to people being rude to each other).

My email is DittoBox at gmail dot com.

BTW- WeirdHat and BgDM are givens for this job, they’ll make great mods.

EDIT:

On my Linux+Firefox box (the only one I’ve been using these last few days) it didn’t mess up the layout, it wasn’t large enough. After using firefox on windows XP today I now see that it does indeed mess it up. I’ve changed my signature accordingly, and I apoligize for the mess. Had I known I wouldn’t have left it up this long.

To my credit I haven’t used the normal size font in my sig for some time, several months in fact. I’ve used size 9, instead of 10 or 12, or whatever it is.

Again, sorry, it wasn’t my intention to mess things up. :slight_smile:

not me.

i would be very untrustworthy

Alltaken

Hmmmmm

reading dittoheads last post. i would be happy to have him as a Mod IF (yes IF) he were able to respect peoples differing opinions on many global issues. and understand how different people convey these opinions. (some people have good opinions without having the correct, or tactfull words to convey these opinions)

from past relationships with him i think he could do very well at this. however, i kind of fear that any political threads, would be quickly shut down or highly moderated (due mainly to his history of trying to step in and stop debates by mentioning how stupid they are.) as a moderator with a new level of power, i feel that it might be inapropriate if this urge were translated into locking threads.

however, despite saying all of that, i think he would be able to understand when enough really and truly is enough (i’d prefer an individual reaction to trouble makers in heated threads, rather than a closing of the entire thread, because undoubtedly there are some serious people in some of them, and the message is often both interesting or important)

Ditto and i have known each other fairly well over the years, and he has managed to be a very good moral character (perhaps a bit to moral LOL ) so i give him a good vote.

/me votes for dittohead.
BgDM is good for the job too. (old men are far more trustworthy than younger ones :P)

since you need a few they are the ones i would vote for.
i don’t think i know enough of the others to coment. as for Fligh…hmmm i always remembered him as being fairly cheeky and rude…but then again that describes me in persona, when in reality i am pretty damn serious. so Fligh since i havn’t heard anything cheeky or rude from you in years, i am assuming you would be fairly mature for the job too. (I think it was mainly heated political debates back in the old days, so hey you probably are pretty good for the job)

i of course would always like to have the grand status of Mod here, however i know with all honesty that i would not have the time to put in and would not be able to provide anything worthwhile that another could not do (except i am still interested in helping get a damn good links section up and running. i hope with your last year project that i might be able to help with requirements and outlining things for that).

Meanwhile since i have no grand aspirations to be Mod… Back to my cheeky and silly ways, to bring hairy nipples to the deepest and darkest corners of Elysiun. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: have fun people, and all the best to who gets choosen as Mods. i trust the decisions will be fair and well rounded.

Alltaken

Meanwhile since i have no grand aspirations to be Mod… Back to my cheeky and silly ways, to bring hairy nipples to the deepest and darkest corners of Elysiun.

Ewwww…

reading dittoheads last post. i would be happy to have him as a Mod IF (yes IF) he were able to respect peoples differing opinions on many global issues. and understand how different people convey these opinions. (some people have good opinions without having the correct, or tactfull words to convey these opinions)

from past relationships with him i think he could do very well at this. however, i kind of fear that any political threads, would be quickly shut down or highly moderated (due mainly to his history of trying to step in and stop debates by mentioning how stupid they are.) as a moderator with a new level of power, i feel that it might be inapropriate if this urge were translated into locking threads.

I think you’re very right. And whether this is a “fault” is up to our admins. It’s not my desire any more to interfere in threads of which I disagree with, but rather when people find it difficult or impossible to seperate emotional feeling from rational debate and thus lose any sense of tact when engaging in public discourse. There are a number of people who very much enjoy political debates–those who know they can learn from it, other’s opinions and logic–and I think it ruins it for us when someone flames us, or flames others. I would go so far as to say those who flame are making up for their own lack of confidence in their borrowed and rootless opinions. I can honestly say that that was my problem!

I’ve grown up a lot in the past few months, and I’ve learned a lot from just reading and listening to those I once considered “enemies.” I learned far more than I would have had I listened to radio commentator “Foo,” or “Bar.” From either side of the spectrum. Though I still have these opinions, tweaked and justified by different logic (with those of whom I disagree! Now that I listen to them, rather than flaming them, I understand where they are coming from, and I respect it/them!). I now have confidence in my own opinions, and thus I have no desire to flame those I disagree with, instead I intently listen and try to understand.

Whoa, sorry for the bloviation, but I guess my point is that I probably will try to stop (warn, warn, warn and maybe kick from thread, I won’t lock a thread where others are having an enjoyable conversation) people who flame or otherwise are disrespectful others with differing opinions, regardless of view, need to understand it’s an experience to enjoy and learn from, rather than a pissing match to conquer others in.

however, despite saying all of that, i think he would be able to understand when enough really and truly is enough (i’d prefer an individual reaction to trouble makers in heated threads, rather than a closing of the entire thread, because undoubtedly there are some serious people in some of them, and the message is often both interesting or important)

That would very much be my approach.

Thanks for the vote of confidence!

BTW, You’ll regret ever saying “old”, as when you get his age, you’ll also be thinking…whoa…I’m not old! :stuck_out_tongue:

What the Hell!!! [>]

theeth
Administrator

ztonzy
Administrator

WeirdHat

BgDM

Who are you people?! :wink:

Heck, I could be a Mod, I’m on these here Forums, every day, all day :stuck_out_tongue:

Another?

Dittohead

NOOOO!!!

:smiley: Good luck guys

BgDm and Dittohead will make good mods :slight_smile: Don’t know Weirdhat too well… but he should do well too. I’d be more than happy to be a mod. I may not post much, but I’m here everyday and tend to keep a pretty close eye on what’s going on. So if a spot is still open… :stuck_out_tongue:

Congrats to all the new mods, and ztonzy!

Don’t know Weirdhat too well… but he should do well too

He’s been an Op in #BlenderChat for as long as I’ve been there. Does a great job.

I’m never in #blenderchat :stuck_out_tongue:

#blenderchat? Whats a BlenderChat? :wink:

It’s Blender’s Valhalla.

hoaa!!! juste noticed a lot of new button in my elysiun interface. What a surprise.
Pleased to annouces I’m now moderator of Animation and python section.
:wink:

edit: oops

nicely done, everyone

best of luck to you all

Regards,
~Delta