"Zurprise" (Blender Cookie Halloween Contest 2013) (Feedback appreciated!)

I guess this project is almost finished, I have been working on it the last two weekends, and I must say I am pretty happy with how it have turned out so far.

This is the first time I’ve really focused on getting the composition of a render interesting. I have tried to have the blurred foreground form a spiral to lead the eye back onto the character, and to the point of interest which should be the eye. Like this:

I still need to finish up many parts of the image, and I am still considering if I want to add another background, the one above is the environment map I have used to lit part of the scene, the other lights being a simple 4 point light setup.

I want the overall mood to be very vibrant and colorful, and when I get to do the color correction I will be adding a soft vignette from below. Everything is pretty much made from intuition since I have almost no experience in composition, so I would love to have you guys help me out!

OpenGL render of the scene:

The situation in the render is the character has a bag of candy in his hands. A zombie grabs the bag, rips it apart, throwing candy everywhere and grasps for the character’s face. I also added some blood to help guide the eye, but I have no idea how to explain it’s presence in the story. You guys are pretty imaginative, why is blood spraying from there? Was it on the zombies arm or did it come from somewhere else?? Tell me! :stuck_out_tongue:

And yes… the character is pretty much based on how I look irl, so, yeah… Actually it was pretty fun making this kind of stylized version of myself :eyebrowlift:

Cheers!

Very nice render mStuff!
I noticed Suzanne, is it an ‘‘easter egg’’? :smiley:

Yup! :smiley:
Easter eggs YAY :smiley:
And thanks!

Love the expression on the guy. He’s going like “Eww, why would he do that?”. Background could be better though :confused: